On May 10-12, over 350 retired educators gathered at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake to celebrate WREA’s 60th Anniversary during the annual convention of the Wisconsin Retired Educator’s Association (WREA). The theme of this year's even was "Route 60: Mileposts of WREA (celebrating 60 years)".
The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) was well represented with 23 members in attendance. MARTA is a local unit of WREA comprised of retired educators who live or worked in Milwaukee County.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a non-partisan, independent organization with over 15,000 members statewide and 70 local units. WREA has been recognized for its role in protecting the public pension fund, advocating for public education and supporting the interests of senior citizens. In addition, members typically contribute over $10 million worth of Community Service each year.
For more information about MARTA or the activities of the retired educators, contact Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association at MARTAteachers@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SHOREWOOD CDA ADVANCES NORTHWOODS RENOVATION AND RIVER BLUFF SENIOR HOUSING PROJECTS
- Milwaukee's My Princess & Me - Mom & Daughter Day
- And the oscar goes to...
- Milwaukee Montessori School Announces Annual Gala Fundraising Event
- BD Juniors to Host Candidate Public Forum
- Big Magic Show March 8th to benefit Germantown Youth Futures
- WHO WAS ROSEBUD?
- The Arboretum Hosts "Moving Forward: A Senior's Guide to Home Selling and Housing Options"
- Polynesian Cultural Entertainment – Free Library Program
- BDCRG Candidate Forum