On May 10-12, over 350 retired educators gathered at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake to celebrate WREA’s 60th Anniversary during the annual convention of the Wisconsin Retired Educator’s Association (WREA). The theme of this year's even was "Route 60: Mileposts of WREA (celebrating 60 years)".
The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) was well represented with 23 members in attendance. MARTA is a local unit of WREA comprised of retired educators who live or worked in Milwaukee County.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a non-partisan, independent organization with over 15,000 members statewide and 70 local units. WREA has been recognized for its role in protecting the public pension fund, advocating for public education and supporting the interests of senior citizens. In addition, members typically contribute over $10 million worth of Community Service each year.
For more information about MARTA or the activities of the retired educators, contact Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association at MARTAteachers@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Kids Rule Academy Recognized as Wisconsin’s Newest Elite Pre-School and Day Care Center
- Brown Deer Campus River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Tri County YMCA Healthy Kids Day April 26th
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Johnson’s Gardens Names Lanora Haradon Location Manager
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School Presents the Musical “Annie,” April 25 - 27
- April 27, 2014 - SAVE THE DATE! Annual Early Bird Rummage Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt at Christian Life Church