The FRIENDS of the Germantown Community Library would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who donated books to the library over the past year for the 13th Annual FRIENDS Book Sale in late March. We hope you’ll continue to donate books to the library over the upcoming months for next year’s Book Sale. We would also like to thank everyone who came out to purchase books during the Book Sale. Just about $6,300.00 was raised from the Book Sale this year.
Funds raised from the Book Sale will go towards summer reading programs and special projects at the library which are not covered by taxpayer dollars. So far this year, the FRIENDS are sponsoring three programs for the Summer Reading Program at the library.
In 2011, as in previous years, the leftovers from the Book sale have been donated to other community organizations. This year, Book Sale leftovers have been donated to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, St.Boniface Youth Mission to Kentucky, Germantown Senior Citizen Center, Friends of the Hartford Library, Hearts-in-Unity, Tanzania Africa, and Felician Sisters in Chicago.
The FRIENDS would like to thank the GHS National Honor Society, the Germantown Graduation Center, and the Key Club for their help moving boxes of books for the Book Sale. Special thanks go to the Village of Germantown, the Library Staff, and the Public Works Department for their continued support of the Book Sale. The Friends would also like to recognize and thank the forty community volunteers who helped move boxes of books, set-up the book sale, work at the book sale, and who helped clean up after the sale was over.
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses