As a part of Rotary Literacy Month, Concordia University Wisconsin is supporting the Mequon-Thiensville Sunrise Rotary Club and the Thiensville-Mequon Rotary Club who are sponsoring a Book Drive through March 15. Books of all types may be dropped off at Harris Bank locations in Mequon and Thiensville, Mequon City Hall (south vestibule), and the MATC North Campus in Mequon.
Contributions will support the Columbia St. Mary’s Reach Out and Read program, Advocates, Clement Zablocki Veterans Administration Hospital, Ozaukee County Jail Literacy Program, and other deserving organizations.
For questions or additional information about the event, please contact Lee Szymborski at email@example.com or (262) 243-9099.
Literacy is a critical skill needed in the health and well being in any community. By providing books to people in need, one helps to give them the ability to learn and communicate effectively. In 1985, Rotary declared basic literacy to be a pre-condition to the development of peace. Through this organizational emphasis, more than half of the world's 33,000 Rotary clubs address the full range of literacy and mathematical challenges for primary, vocational and adult learners as well as teacher training.
Rotary’s 1.2 million members provide humanitarian service, high ethical standards, and goodwill and peace throughout the world. Mequon-Thiensville clubs serve our local community and participate in service worldwide. To learn more about Rotary and this and other events and fundraisers, please check us out online at www.mtsunriserotary.org or feel free to talk to any Rotary member.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps