Alyssa Cuffie, 12 year-old Brown Deer resident, will appear in First Stage Children's Theater’s regional premier of the musical U:BUG:ME opening at the Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts February 18.
U: BUG: ME, an infectious folk-rock musical, follows the life of Pico the Fly and his friends as they discover a new attitude about friendship and love. Pico the fly, Tavo and Olive – two hilarious cockroaches and a poisonous centipede Keno share a lesson about true friendship that is valuable to all. The show features the “Ant-Hill Band” that provides lives music accompaniment to the musical’s folk rock songs.
Making her First Stage debut with U: BUG: ME, Alyssa is thrilled to be performing with First Stage. She has been involved in theater of some sort since the age of 4. Church performances, school performances and even the American Miss Pageant make up Alyssa’s performance experience. With acting as one of Alyssa’s favorite pastimes, she enjoys it because it allows her to get into character and become someone else.
To Alyssa, First Stage is one of the nicest places on earth. She enjoys spending time with the people she has met through First Stage and she feels comfortable being herself. Not only does she enjoy the overall theatrical experience, but this particular show is her favorite so far. “The main message of the show is that all you need is someone to believe in you. You can do anything if you put your mind to it and have support in all that you do,” Cuffie said.
In Alyssa’s words, “People should come see the show because it is a wonderful show in general. It has awesome music, a great story and an inspirational message throughout. It is a show the audience can enjoy.”
U: BUG: ME runs through March 13. For more information, visit www.FirstStage.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Winter Fun for Everyone in Mequon
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Free Admission to Christmas Silver Tea & Christmas Cookie Sale
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Santa Visits Granville in Milwaukee on December 14
- Celebrate the Season with Rite-Hite Family YMCA Santa’s Workshop Event
- Winter Wonderland coming to Mequon