Brown Deer high school business students were one of 12 schools invited to take part in the 2011 LifeSmarts state championship meet on Monday, February 21st at UWM Center for Continuing Education. Students will compete at this event to qualify to compete on behalf of Wisconsin at the National LifeSmarts Championship, which will be held in Los Angeles, California at the beginning of May.
Five students who took the online LifeSmarts quizzes will be selected to attend the championship. Business students, coached by teacher Christine Richards at the high school began taking the online quizzes back in December. About 40-schools in Wisconsin participate in LifeSmarts, dubbed as the “Ultimate Consumer Challenge.”
LifeSmarts is a consumer education competition that challenges teens in grades 9-12 about personal finance, health and safety, the environment, technology, and consumer rights and responsibilities. “LifeSmarts participants win by learning to avoid common consumer pitfalls, navigate the government, and understand credit card jargon before they have to sign on the dotted line,” said Sally Greenburg, Executive Director of the National Consumers League, which sponsors the national championship.
LifeSmarts is a program of the National Consumers League. State coordinators implement the program locally. For more information, visit www.lifesmarts.org or contact local coach, Christine Richards at Brown Deer High School at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kevin Rey Joins R.A. Smith National as Civil Engineer
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Concordia University Wisconsin to Host 2nd Annual Lake Moon Festival Saturday, Aug. 8
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Brown Deer's Night Out for Justice Promotes Safe Community
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Mad Science of Milwaukee at the Brown Deer Library!
- Annual Cruisin-4-Kids Motorcycle Ride this Saturday!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser