Brown Deer high school business students were one of 12 schools invited to take part in the 2011 LifeSmarts state championship meet on Monday, February 21st at UWM Center for Continuing Education. Students will compete at this event to qualify to compete on behalf of Wisconsin at the National LifeSmarts Championship, which will be held in Los Angeles, California at the beginning of May.
Five students who took the online LifeSmarts quizzes will be selected to attend the championship. Business students, coached by teacher Christine Richards at the high school began taking the online quizzes back in December. About 40-schools in Wisconsin participate in LifeSmarts, dubbed as the “Ultimate Consumer Challenge.”
LifeSmarts is a consumer education competition that challenges teens in grades 9-12 about personal finance, health and safety, the environment, technology, and consumer rights and responsibilities. “LifeSmarts participants win by learning to avoid common consumer pitfalls, navigate the government, and understand credit card jargon before they have to sign on the dotted line,” said Sally Greenburg, Executive Director of the National Consumers League, which sponsors the national championship.
LifeSmarts is a program of the National Consumers League. State coordinators implement the program locally. For more information, visit www.lifesmarts.org or contact local coach, Christine Richards at Brown Deer High School at email@example.com.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library
- Breadsmith Named To 2016 List of “Top Ten Emerging Brands”