Lake Geneva, WI. Brown Deer School District Administrator Dr. Deborah Kerr has been nominated for the 2010-2011 School Official Excellence Award for Wisconsin DECA. Dr. Kerr will receive her award at a formal dinner awards ceremony, which will take place in Lake Geneva on Wednesday, March 9th during the Wisconsin DECA State Career Development Conference.
Dr. Kerr was nominated by Brown Deer High School's Association of Business Students executive board. Kerr has worked with the Association of Business Students since she became district administrator 4 years ago. Among her involvement is volunteering to judge at the DECA District competition, helping coach competitors for competition, and facilitating relationships between ABS students and the local Rotary. ABS President, Brenda Barrales says, "Dr. Kerr has so much pride and passion for not only our school district but also in our DECA chapter- she does anything to help us succeed." ABS advisor and business/marketing teacher, Christine Richards, summed up Dr. Kerr's nomination application by saying, "Dr. Kerr recognizes the value that hands-on experiences in leadership, community, and business give our high school students in preparing them to be college and career ready. She has been a great partner to me in helping facilitate experiences that help my members mature professionally as well as academically."
Kerr will attend the awards ceremony in Lake Geneva with Brown Deer School District alumni Joe Shumow, who was nominated for the WI DECA Alumni Excellence Award. Shumow, currently is an attorney with Foley and Lardner in Madison, WI, has worked on several projects with Kerr- most recently running a coaching session to prepare Brown Deer DECA competitors for their State Competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- "What's in the Barn?" Open House at Unitarian Church North Oct. 18
- Art & Craft Fair at Milwaukee Lutheran HS November 8
- Sport Clips Haircuts Help a Hero campaign
- Judy Schachner book launch in Mequon
- Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Milwaukee/North Shore
- Concordia University Celebrates Homecoming Week Oct. 27 - Nov. 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Share Advice on Responding After Disaster Strikes
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays