The Brown Deer FBLA competitors brought home a record number of top ten finishes at their Regional Leadership Lab (RLC), which was held at Brookfield East High School on Saturday, February 5th.
Thirty-one competitors attended the RLC, which students signed up for this past December. The competition was attended by over 35 middle and high schools from around Southeastern Wisconsin and over 1,000 students. RLC is the first step for these business students as they climb the ladder of success in competition. The ladder ends at the National Leadership Conference, which is held in Orlando, Florida at the end of June.
The following 16 students placed in the top ten in their respective events: Sagal Dalmar (1st place in FBLA Principles and Procedures), Lyka Dominguez (1st in Web Site Design), Dennis McMurray (1st in Web Site Design), Brenda Barrales (2nd in Business Ethics), Kelsey Greuel (2nd in Business Ethics), Elyssa Mullings (2nd in Business Math), Jennifer Gaertner (5th in Hospitality Management), Marlanda Grandberry (5th in Word Processing II), Dani Parish (5th in Introduction to Technology Concepts), Shang Xiong (6th in Emerging Business Issues), Katelyn Zachowski (6th in Emerging Business Issues), Rob Davis (7th in Business Procedures), Keirra Lewis (7th in Business Presentation), Katie Montgomery (7th in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure), Dami Oluwatosin (7th in Accounting I), and Kelsey Wangler (7th in Business Presentation).
Students placing in the top 3 in their respective events continue to the State Leadership Conference (SLC), which is held at the beginning of April in Appleton, Wisconsin. Four additional competitors who earned 4th – 10th place finishes will be selected to attend SLC as delegates in Project LEAD, a leadership activity for active members.
FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) is part of Brown Deer High School’s Association of Business Students, which is an career and technical student organization committed to helping students become college and career ready. It is coached by Mrs. Christine Richards, a business and marketing teacher at BDHS.
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August