YMCA Camp Minikani will be opening its trails and lakes to community members on Sunday, January 23, from 1-4pm for Winter Recreation Day. As part of this free event, community members will have the chance to strap on snowshoes or cross country skis and explore the trails, slide across the ice during a game of broomball, and even try their hand at ice fishing. Minikani has a limited supply of snowshoes, skis, sleds, broomball and hockey supplies, and ice fishing poles available for use; however, participants are encouraged to bring their own ice skates or other equipment to use on the lakes and trails.
Bring family and friends along to spend time together outside before heading inside to catch the football game. Volunteers from Camp Minikani will be on hand to assist in sizing snowshoes and cross country skis and giving lessons to beginners. To help participants warm up and re-energize after spending time in the snow, hot chocolate and plenty of space around a fireplace will be provided.
YMCA Camp Minikani is located at 875 Amy Belle Road in Hubertus. For directions or more information, call (262)-251-9080.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer resident wins grant through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Hires Brown Deer Resident
- Lutheran A Cappella Choir Presents "Glad Tidings of Great Joy"
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball Teams Brings the Seton Banner Back to St. Mary Parish School
- Dr. Catherine Ferderbar Awarded for Outstanding Teaching and Service
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Concordia University Celebrates Winter Commencement on December 13