YMCA Camp Minikani will be opening its trails and lakes to community members on Sunday, January 23, from 1-4pm for Winter Recreation Day. As part of this free event, community members will have the chance to strap on snowshoes or cross country skis and explore the trails, slide across the ice during a game of broomball, and even try their hand at ice fishing. Minikani has a limited supply of snowshoes, skis, sleds, broomball and hockey supplies, and ice fishing poles available for use; however, participants are encouraged to bring their own ice skates or other equipment to use on the lakes and trails.
Bring family and friends along to spend time together outside before heading inside to catch the football game. Volunteers from Camp Minikani will be on hand to assist in sizing snowshoes and cross country skis and giving lessons to beginners. To help participants warm up and re-energize after spending time in the snow, hot chocolate and plenty of space around a fireplace will be provided.
YMCA Camp Minikani is located at 875 Amy Belle Road in Hubertus. For directions or more information, call (262)-251-9080.
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake
- World-Renowned Milwaukee Artist Elisha Ben Yitzhak to Host Solo Art Show in Mequon-Thiensville
- Wisconsin Sea Grant Invites Residents to Public Meeting to Discuss Changing Lake Michigan Water Levels and Coastal Bluffs
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation Offers Care Grants for OCD and Anxiety Treatment
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps