Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever, Inc. (WAAGR) will serve authentic thin-crust, Neapolitan-style pizza and more, at Wauwatosa’s Pizzeria Piccola, 7606 W. State St., on Sunday, January 23, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
A portion of the evening’s sales, including carry-out orders, as well as all tips, will benefit WAAGR, dedicated to helping displaced Golden Retrievers in the group’s care. Pizzeria Piccola also offers free delivery to the area of Wauwatosa between the hours of 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. Carry-out pizzas can be partially- or completely pre-baked and finished or re-heated at home in the oven.
“Come enjoy a delicious meal while helping the Golden Retrievers rescued by WAAGR,” says WAAGR President Craig Cwiklowski. “Pizzeria Piccola and its patrons have always been very supportive of our efforts. WAAGR relies heavily on donations and proceeds from fundraisers to help fulfill our mission and was able to help 145 Goldens and Golden mixes in 2010 alone.”
To learn more about Pizzeria Piccola, call (414) 443-0800 or visit the restaurant’s website, www.pizzeriapiccola.com. For additional information about this and other WAAGR events, visit www.waagr.org.
About Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever
Wisconsin Adopt A Golden Retriever received its 501(c)(3) status in February 2005. WAAGR’s mission is “to provide bright new beginnings to displaced Golden Retrievers.” WAAGR is a volunteer rescue organization based in Southeastern Wisconsin. WAAGR has no paid staff and depends on the generosity of individuals that want to help provide a safe and happy life for Golden Retrievers that have lost their homes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Results of 2015 Rummage Sale
- Golf Outing Kicks Off New Era in NBWest Basketball
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- My motivation to quit smoking
- Local Middle School Youth experience 50 years of fashion
- Local tween honored as finalist in national Future She-E-O contest