Five Broadway stars are giving contestants the chance to join them on stage in "Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway" at the Milwaukee Theatre at 7:30 pm. Friday, Oct. 22. Submission guidelines are posted at www.singingwiththebroadwaystars.com.
Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway concert features Broadway stars of Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Jekyll and Hyde, Fiddler on The Roof, Wonderful Town, Tarzan, Cats, The Woman in White and It Ain't Nothin' But the Blues singing hit songs of the last 100 years of Broadway musicals.
One winner and several runners-up will be selected by the show’s panel of industry experts (including producers, singers and managers as well as Neil Berg himself).
Contestants are asked to upload a 90- to 120-second video clip of themselves singing a Broadway favorite to YouTube, MySpace, or Facebook. They then can visit www.singingwiththebroadwaystars.com and select “Milwaukee.” Fill out the submission form and send a link to your video by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 6. The panel will judge the audition tapes to decide who will get the chance to show off their singing skills in front of their family and friends with five Broadway stars and an all-star New York band. The panel will announce the winners on Tuesday, Oct. 12, and winners will receive notification by e-mail or phone.
Tickets are still available for Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway, performing one night only at the Milwaukee Theatre 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 22. Tickets are on sale now for $30 and $35 and can be purchased at the Milwaukee Theatre box office (500 W. Kilbourn Ave.), online at ticketmaster.com or by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more by calling 414-908-6092.
Submission Guidelines and Rules:
1) This is an audition, not a contest or sweepstakes.
2) Submission must be a Broadway show tune 90-120 seconds long and posted to a MySpace, Facebook or YouTube page. Applicants must fill out the appropriate submission form found at www.singingwiththebroadwaystars.com and include contact information and link to their audition by (date & time).
3) Entrants must be at least 13 years of age to submit their video
5) Winners under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.
6) No purchase is necessary. The five runners-up will each receive a pair of complimentary tickets to the show. The winner will receive four complimentary tickets.
7) All winners must arrive at the theater 3 hours before show time the day of the show, appropriately dressed, and stay for the whole production. The producers of the show reserve the right to exclude anyone who does not meet these criteria.
8) The runners-up will perform as part of the ensemble in one song during the show.
9) The winner will sing a short solo in at least one song in the show.
10) Winners and runners-up may be asked to do interviews for local media
11) All submitted videos will become the property of Left Field Productions and may be used in any appropriate manner to promote the “Singing with the Broadway Stars” platform. No submissions will be sold.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"
- “A Sailor’s Songbag” with David HB Drake