Mark your calendar for November 5th and 6th and plan to attend “The Living Earth”, Environmental Studies School, Course IV, Series IV. Offered by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation, Milwaukee District, from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209, we invite you to learn about “Water.”
Sharon Morrisey, Horticulture Agent with Milwaukee County, is returning to discuss Organic Gardening and Michael Pauers with the Milwaukee Public Museum will instruct us on Aquatic Animals. Dr. Dale Olen will discuss Ecology and Effective Citizenship as it relates to our Earth. Paul Zamiatowski, a Certified Master Naturalist will guide us on our Field Trip at the Wehr Nature Center and speak to the topics of Wetlands and Aquatic Plants. Brenton Burger, from the “big island” down under and a guest lecturer at Marquette University, will share his knowledge on Sustainability. Judy Klippel, Superintendent at Havenwoods, will talk about Youth Programs in Environmental Education and Judy Newman, NGC ESS Chairman, will wrap-up the two days of activities on Saturday.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members. Required reading for Course IV is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr., available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Course fee is $35.00 per day and lunch is available for an additional $8.00 per day. See WGCF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website has further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
See you at Environmental School in November!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save the Date! (Sunday, April 26) – BD Annual Early Bird Community Rummage Sale!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- 6 Break-in within 2 blocks over the last week. Not a cop in sight
- Village of Brown Deer To Roll Out The Barrels This Summer
- Campus Notes