Mark your calendar for November 5th and 6th and plan to attend “The Living Earth”, Environmental Studies School, Course IV, Series IV. Offered by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation, Milwaukee District, from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209, we invite you to learn about “Water.”
Sharon Morrisey, Horticulture Agent with Milwaukee County, is returning to discuss Organic Gardening and Michael Pauers with the Milwaukee Public Museum will instruct us on Aquatic Animals. Dr. Dale Olen will discuss Ecology and Effective Citizenship as it relates to our Earth. Paul Zamiatowski, a Certified Master Naturalist will guide us on our Field Trip at the Wehr Nature Center and speak to the topics of Wetlands and Aquatic Plants. Brenton Burger, from the “big island” down under and a guest lecturer at Marquette University, will share his knowledge on Sustainability. Judy Klippel, Superintendent at Havenwoods, will talk about Youth Programs in Environmental Education and Judy Newman, NGC ESS Chairman, will wrap-up the two days of activities on Saturday.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members. Required reading for Course IV is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr., available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores.
Course fee is $35.00 per day and lunch is available for an additional $8.00 per day. See WGCF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (email@example.com) or call 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website has further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
See you at Environmental School in November!
- PNC Bank Veterans Offer Up Advice to Fellow Veterans at Recruit Military Career Fair
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- Wine Women Word
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Career and Technical Workshop for Educators to be Held at MATC's Mequon Campus June 14-16
- Memorial Day Free Admission to the Museum
- Big Cedar Lake Resorts & Businesses
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- Career Fitness Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Mequon Campus in July and August