Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Neumann will speak on the Concordia's Mequon campus Thursday, September 2 at 10:15 a.m. in the Lake Shore Room. He will focus on the state of education in Wisconsin. All students, members of the Concordia community, and the general public are invited to attend. Concordia students are given the opportunity to hear various guest speakers talk on campus throughout the school year.
Neumann, known to attend public forums around the state, accepted an invitation from Dr. Steven Witt, director of graduate reading at Concordia. Witt firmly believes that students should be educated about politics and aware of the actions of government officials.
“Our education students need to understand where government has its place. The focus should not be on policies but the success of the child,” said Dr. Witt.
Neumann supports public and private schools that push students to reach their potential. These schools, such as the Milwaukee HOPE Christian School, focus on the success of its students. These institutions also work with high risk children in the area. Concordia has a direct connection with the HOPE schools and sends numerous students every year to work there.
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library