Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Neumann will speak on the Concordia's Mequon campus Thursday, September 2 at 10:15 a.m. in the Lake Shore Room. He will focus on the state of education in Wisconsin. All students, members of the Concordia community, and the general public are invited to attend. Concordia students are given the opportunity to hear various guest speakers talk on campus throughout the school year.
Neumann, known to attend public forums around the state, accepted an invitation from Dr. Steven Witt, director of graduate reading at Concordia. Witt firmly believes that students should be educated about politics and aware of the actions of government officials.
“Our education students need to understand where government has its place. The focus should not be on policies but the success of the child,” said Dr. Witt.
Neumann supports public and private schools that push students to reach their potential. These schools, such as the Milwaukee HOPE Christian School, focus on the success of its students. These institutions also work with high risk children in the area. Concordia has a direct connection with the HOPE schools and sends numerous students every year to work there.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee/NARI Gold Award
- Theran Stautz Joins R.A. Smith National as Ecologist, Project Manager
- St. Robert Annual Pancake Breakfast/School Open House this Sunday
- 2015 Saint Anthony's Parish School Endowment Fund Auction
- “Wiscon-Sing” Benefit performance for the Schlitz Audubon Center
- Girls Select 12u Fastpitch Tryouts
- Brilliant DPI Expands Office Space to Offer Additional Services
- Winter Frolic at the Mequon Nature Preserve