Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Mark Neumann will speak on the Concordia's Mequon campus Thursday, September 2 at 10:15 a.m. in the Lake Shore Room. He will focus on the state of education in Wisconsin. All students, members of the Concordia community, and the general public are invited to attend. Concordia students are given the opportunity to hear various guest speakers talk on campus throughout the school year.
Neumann, known to attend public forums around the state, accepted an invitation from Dr. Steven Witt, director of graduate reading at Concordia. Witt firmly believes that students should be educated about politics and aware of the actions of government officials.
“Our education students need to understand where government has its place. The focus should not be on policies but the success of the child,” said Dr. Witt.
Neumann supports public and private schools that push students to reach their potential. These schools, such as the Milwaukee HOPE Christian School, focus on the success of its students. These institutions also work with high risk children in the area. Concordia has a direct connection with the HOPE schools and sends numerous students every year to work there.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NORTH SHORE CARSTAR TO HOST THIRD ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW
- Pint Size Polkas at the Brown Deer Library!
- Brown Deer Girls Youth Basketball
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Brown Deer Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Taste of Mequon
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Cell phones and 911.
- Falls Youth Art on Display at MF Froedert Medical Clinic