Sixteen local and regional artists will be part of the juried Arts Marketplace at the 13th annual Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival (KMJF) at Riverside Park in West Bend, Wis., Fri.,
Sept. 10, and Sat., Sept. 11.
The following artists will participate in KMJF:
• AAKOFII, Atlanta, Ga.: Jewelry
• Africa Alive, Glendale, Wis.: Drums
• Bali & Soul, Madison, Wis.: Baskets, Handmade Books, and Jewelry
• Maria Cabascando, Chicago, Ill.: Handmade Clothing, Jewelry, and Musical Instruments
• Century Farmhouse LLC, West Bend, Wis.: Soaps
• Creative Illusions, Theresa, Wis.: Sculptures and Paintings
• The Gold Connection, St Louis, Miss.: Jewelry
• Great Wall Fashions, Plymouth, Wis.: Clothing
• Les Hommes Bleu, Milwaukee, Wis.: Ceramics and Lanterns
• Moondance, West Bend, Wis.: Decorative Arts
• Northern Art Glass, Rock, Minn.: Glassware
• Pendragon Jewelry, Waterford, Wis.: Jewelry
• Stones of Gaia, Fox Lake, Ill.: Handmade Bracelets
• Strands of Kolors, Los Angeles, Calif.: Jewelry
• Third Generation Jewelers, Milwaukee, Wis.: Jewelry
• Unique Art and Designs, Milwaukee, Wis.: Decorative Arts and Jewelry
The festival, which will once again feature internationally recognized jazz musicians and vocalists, is expected to draw more than 5,000 jazz lovers from all over the Midwest, particularly from southeast Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The festival’s entertainment line up is as follows:
Friday, September 10: 5:15 p.m. – Alex Bugnon; 7:15 p.m. – Chieli Minucci and Special EFX, with Karen Briggs; 9:15 p.m. – R n R featuring Rick Braun and Richard Elliot
Saturday, September 11: 1:45 p.m. – Dotsero; 3:45 p.m. – Craig Chaquico; 6:15 p.m. – Spyro Gyra; 8:30 –The Jeff Lorber Fusion
In addition to music, the festival has tempting international cuisine, an arts marketplace where local and regional artisans display and sell their work, and interactive sponsor exhibits. Grounds are open on Sept. 10 from 4:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., and on Sept. 11 from 1:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Two-day tickets are $135 and a one-day ticket is $75. Tickets may be purchased in a secure online environment at www.kmjazz.com or by calling the festival’s toll-free information line at 1-877-271-6903. Consumers can also send a completed ticket order form available from the festival office or the event Web site with a check, money order, or credit card number to West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1087, West Bend, WI 53095. Tickets can also be purchased at the gate on each day of the festival.
In addition, the festival will host a Kick Off Party on Thurs., Sept. 9. from 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Timmers Restaurant, 5151 Timmers Bay Road in West Bend. The event, sponsored by Key Technical Solutions, Inc. of Milwaukee, will feature Chieli Minucci playing a 30-minute musical set, plus hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, and a chance to win a pair of Frontier Airlines round-trip tickets. The cost to attend is $25, and all proceeds will benefit the West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation, Inc.
In its history, the festival has contributed more than $355,000 to charitable groups in southeastern Wisconsin through the West Bend Sunrise Rotary Foundation. The Foundation has supported:
• The Albrecht Free Clinic – support free medical clinics
• Columns, Inc. – scholarship programs to local high school graduates
• Hurricane Katrina Relief through the national Rotary Fund
• Kettle Moraine YMCA – acquired equipment for a West Bend skate park
• Lac Lawrann Barn Restoration
• Red Cross
• Regner Park – restoration of community facilities
• Rides & Reins
• SafeZone Community Art Center – provides an environment for children to develop their musical ability, including small group lessons, private tutoring lessons, and full band rehearsals each week, with periodic performances.
• Sunrise Rotary Field at Riverside Park - youth baseball diamond
• West Bend Fire Department – fire safety trailer
• West Bend Library – building construction
• West Bend Parks and Recreation Department – maintenance and expansion
KMJF sponsors include presenting sponsor West Bend Mutual Insurance; presenting media sponsor Milwaukee Journal Sentinel; major corporate sponsors Westbury Bank, M&I Wealth Management, Beer Capitol Distributing Lake Country, LLC, Hilton Garden Inn – Milwaukee Park Place, Key Technical Solutions, Gordie Boucher Ford of West Bend, Frontier Airlines, The Gehl Company, and the West Bend Park, Recreation, and Forestry Department; media partners TODAY’S TMJ4 and Conley Publishing Group; and corporate sponsors Angeline Wines, Distributed by Martin Ray Winery, Cooper Power Systems, The Rolfs Foundation, Roto-Graphic Printing, Roundy’s Supermarkets, Ron Sonntag Public Relations, Inc., Spectrum Investment Advisors, SWIM Team, Inc., Suburban Servant, and the West Bend Area Chamber of Commerce.
For more information, visit www.kmjazz.com or call the Kettle Moraine Jazz Festival’s toll-free information line at 877-271-6903.
- GFWC Brown Deer Junior Woman's Club Scholarship
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- BBB Serving Wisconsin Honors Ethics That Build Trust
- IT'S THIS WEEKEND! Sunday, April 24th (10 - 2) BD Early Bird Community Rummage Sale
- Nicolet High School Students' Artwork On Display In Third Ward
- Goodwill Industries teams up with Steinhafels for 2nd Annual Bedroom Trade-In Event!!
- 3rd Annual Edible Book Festival at the Whitefish Bay Public Library