Brown Deer graduate Kevin Wild will pitch for Valparaiso University and UW-Milwaukee has graciously offered their support for him and his family as they celebrate the life of his recently slain brother, Shaun, on Saturday when Valpo plays UW-Milwaukee in a 1 p.m. game at Henry Aaron Field in Lincoln Park.
Kevin Wild had a nine-inning shutout against UWM a few weeks back and has just picked up his third pitcher of the week honor from the Horizon League
"We will continue to celebrate our love and friendship, and extend the circle of our family and community," said a notice from the family.
Shaun Wild was stabbed to death earlier this winter as part of a bar fight he was trying to break up in the Naperville, Ill., where he taught elementary school. The assailant has been charged with first degree murder.
The day at Henry Aaron will include food, kids' games, Shaun's favorite music, lawn games, donation setups for the Shaun Wild Fund, raffles, T-shirt sales and a number of other activities to commemorate Shaun's life. The family will throw out the first pitch.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Brown Deer baseball team finds some rays of light
- Baun's injury doesn't mar Brown Deer's state track efforts
- Brown Deer boys' depth leads to six state track entries
- Brown Deer boys track team wins own invite, girls third
- Buy-in important for D3 champ Brown Deer hoops success
- Boys basketball: Proud Brown Deer boys basketbal team claims second state title
- Boys basketball: Brown Deer boys basketball team heads back to state title game
- Brown Deer aims to "go get" another state boys basketball title
- Boys basketball: Brown Deer boys basketball team stays on gas pedal all the way to state
- Boys basketball: Byers catalyzes 100-point performance for Brown Deer boys in rout