Brown Deer graduate Kevin Wild will pitch for Valparaiso University and UW-Milwaukee has graciously offered their support for him and his family as they celebrate the life of his recently slain brother, Shaun, on Saturday when Valpo plays UW-Milwaukee in a 1 p.m. game at Henry Aaron Field in Lincoln Park.
Kevin Wild had a nine-inning shutout against UWM a few weeks back and has just picked up his third pitcher of the week honor from the Horizon League
"We will continue to celebrate our love and friendship, and extend the circle of our family and community," said a notice from the family.
Shaun Wild was stabbed to death earlier this winter as part of a bar fight he was trying to break up in the Naperville, Ill., where he taught elementary school. The assailant has been charged with first degree murder.
The day at Henry Aaron will include food, kids' games, Shaun's favorite music, lawn games, donation setups for the Shaun Wild Fund, raffles, T-shirt sales and a number of other activities to commemorate Shaun's life. The family will throw out the first pitch.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bay and Nicolet tie for title in Brown Deer swim invite
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Baun in a comfort zone as Falcon football team opens their season with rout
- Baun looks to lead Brown Deer's football team to the top this season
- Hudson's versatility helped the Brown Deer baseball team
- Hedrick and Falcons got to know each other in 2014
- Brown Deer baseball '9' still competing hard in Woodland
- Stingley made an impression on Brown Deer boys golf team
- Hedrick takes over Brown Deer baseball program
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title