Brown Deer graduate Kevin Wild will pitch for Valparaiso University and UW-Milwaukee has graciously offered their support for him and his family as they celebrate the life of his recently slain brother, Shaun, on Saturday when Valpo plays UW-Milwaukee in a 1 p.m. game at Henry Aaron Field in Lincoln Park.
Kevin Wild had a nine-inning shutout against UWM a few weeks back and has just picked up his third pitcher of the week honor from the Horizon League
"We will continue to celebrate our love and friendship, and extend the circle of our family and community," said a notice from the family.
Shaun Wild was stabbed to death earlier this winter as part of a bar fight he was trying to break up in the Naperville, Ill., where he taught elementary school. The assailant has been charged with first degree murder.
The day at Henry Aaron will include food, kids' games, Shaun's favorite music, lawn games, donation setups for the Shaun Wild Fund, raffles, T-shirt sales and a number of other activities to commemorate Shaun's life. The family will throw out the first pitch.
- Brown Deer boys advance three to state track meet
- Brown Deer's Pierson, Schimenz head to state tennis tournament
- Brown Deer boys win own track meet
- Adams did not let Brown Deer boys basketball team falter this season
- Dominican boys basketball team learned lessons in early loss to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer field house gets a serious hoops workout (1)
- Boys basketball: Milwaukee Lutheran boys basketball team stuns reigning D3 champ Brown Deer, 90-65
- Brown Deer boys basketball team quietly wins fourth Woodland crown
- Brown Deer boys basketball team continues to roll and pass new tests
- Young Brown Deer boys fearless in face of intense schedule