Brown Deer graduate Kevin Wild will pitch for Valparaiso University and UW-Milwaukee has graciously offered their support for him and his family as they celebrate the life of his recently slain brother, Shaun, on Saturday when Valpo plays UW-Milwaukee in a 1 p.m. game at Henry Aaron Field in Lincoln Park.
Kevin Wild had a nine-inning shutout against UWM a few weeks back and has just picked up his third pitcher of the week honor from the Horizon League
"We will continue to celebrate our love and friendship, and extend the circle of our family and community," said a notice from the family.
Shaun Wild was stabbed to death earlier this winter as part of a bar fight he was trying to break up in the Naperville, Ill., where he taught elementary school. The assailant has been charged with first degree murder.
The day at Henry Aaron will include food, kids' games, Shaun's favorite music, lawn games, donation setups for the Shaun Wild Fund, raffles, T-shirt sales and a number of other activities to commemorate Shaun's life. The family will throw out the first pitch.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Jackson, Byers lead Brown Deer to first state trip in 12 years
- Girls basketball: Ice-cold first half dooms Brown Deer
- Boys basketball: Brown Deer boys earn sectional final berth with 58-55 win over East Troy
- Sports wrapups: March 4
- Boys basketball: Post office: Brown Deer bigs do their part
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 25
- Sports wrapups: Feb. 18
- BD/USM's Thompson advances to state swim in butterfly
- Signing day a success big and small all over the North Shore
- Brown Deer boys clinch second straight Woodland East title