Brown Deer — The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled former educator Ronn Johnson's death a suicide.
Johnson was found Dec. 30 in the remains of his home, which had been destroyed in a fire. According to a police news release the exact cause of the fire remains unknown, though "ignitable fluids were located in atypical areas, which could indicate the fire may have been intentional."
Johnson was an ex-charter school leader and former Milwaukee Public Schools teacher. He was charged last summer with nearly two dozen felonies in a child sex abuse case. Prior to his death, Johnson was out on bail after being accused of sexually assaulting five children over more than 20 years.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (3)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)