No reportable incidents this week.
1An electric ace welder valued at $800 was taken from a locked storage unit in an apartment building in the 4100 block of West Hawthorne Trace Road sometime Aug. 26 to 31. The suspect crawled under the thin wire mesh to gain entry. The lock was not tampered with.
2A 21-speed bicycle valued at $10,000 was taken from outside the Old Country Buffet, 6538 W. Brown Deer Road, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Aug. 27. The bike was secured with a cable lock, which was found on the ground.
3Four tablet computers valued at $1,270 were taken from Office Max, 9088 N. Green Bay Road, one Aug. 10 and three on Aug. 16 and reported Aug. 27. Two suspects are males about 5-feet 10-inches with goatees and pierced ears.
· Cars and houses were "egged" in the 8000 block of North 54th, the 8100 block of North Ivy and the 8600 block of North 66th streets and the 9000 block of North Alpine Lane on Aug. 27 to Sept. 1. No damage was reported.
4A purse was taken from a car at Brown Deer High School, 8200 N. 60th St., between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Aug. 28. A stolen debit card was used at a gas station at 60th Street and Bradley Road.
5A smartphone valued at $600 was taken from an unlocked car in the 9100 block of North Green Bay Road sometime Aug. 30.
· A Brown Deer woman was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she damaged property in the house and broke four large windows about 3:30 p.m. Aug. 31. The woman who was intoxicated was angry after her husband emptied some liquor bottles. When she left the home, he locked the doors. She then broke the windows trying to get back inside causing $1,000 damage. Her blood alcohol content was 0.14.
· A Brown Deer man was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 31. The man was angry with his live-in girlfriend, grabbed her, threatened her and when she refused to leave, took her keys and pushed her out of the apartment and locked the door. The woman signed a 72-hour no contact order and the man was told not return to their apartment. However, he did return and was arrested again in violation of the order at 9:15 p.m. Sept. 1.
6A resident reported that his motorcycle which he let a friend borrow had not been returned in the 8200 block of North 50th Street at 1 a.m. Sept. 1. The suspect returned the cycle the same morning at 10 a.m. with damage of more than $700. No other information was available.
7An armed robbery was reported at the Brown Deer Manor Assisted Living Center, 8238 N. 44th St., at 3:10 a.m. Sept. 3. Two suspects entered the residence and robbed an employee at gun point. No other information is available.
8A man riding a motorcycle, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, driving after revocation and warned for speeding 60 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 7200 block of North Lake Drive at 1:15 a.m. Aug. 31. The man said he had been attending a Harley-Davidson event and didn't realize he was speeding. He failed field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.06 but because of the prior conviction it could not exceed 0.02.
9A girl, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after she and two boys were seen hiding in the bushes in the 7600 block of North Port Washington Road at 11 p.m. Sept. 1. The girl appeared nervous and kept one hand in a pocket. When asked to remove her hand, she pulled out a wooden box with 0.5 grams of marijuana and a pipe with residue. The girl admitted the items were hers saying she bought the drugs from "a friend" but would not say who the friend was. She and the boys were turned over to their parents.
10A man and woman, ages and residences not released, were arrested for obstruction, she gave a false name, he attempted to run away, and theft with a shielding device after being seen on surveillance video taking DVDs at Best Buy, 8755 N. Port Washington Road, about 4 p.m. Sept. 2. The couple, who had a child with them, drove away but were stopped in the drive-thru at McDonald's. It was there the man attempted to flee. Items in their car including a 32-inch LED TV and DVDs were confiscated.
11A 30-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after a report of him vomiting from his car in the 3300 block of West Good Hope Road at 5:30 a.m. Aug. 23. When he saw the squad car, he attempted to drive away but was stopped. His BAC was 0.09.
12Blank checks and a video game console, value not listed, were taken from the 5400 block of North Mohawk Avenue sometime Aug. 23 to 30. The resident called police after she was called by her bank alerting her that checks were being cashed. Police went to the home and found signs of forced entry.
13More than $400 was taken from a room at Baymont Inn, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, on Aug. 25 to Sept. 1. The victim, who was attending Harley Fest, said the money was taken from her purse, which she had left in her room covered with clothing, and during that time, she didn't realize the money was gone because she was unsure of how much she had spent.
14A woman reported being the victim of an armed robbery at the Baymont Inn, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 11 p.m. Aug. 28 and reported Sept. 1. The woman, who lives at the hotel, said she met the man in a "chat room" and he seemed nice so she invited him over. She said after they were intimate, he pulled out a gun and took her smartphone valued at $500 and $200 cash.
· A 22-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after fighting with a relative at 9:45 a.m. Aug. 31. No injuries were reported. A 19-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for possession of 5.8 grams of marijuana and an Ozaukee County warrant.
15A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, after almost causing an accident at Henry Clay Street and Lydell Avenue at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 31. An open can of beer was in the car. The man, who said he had three beers at a bar, was taken for a blood draw.
16A 48-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for arson about 9 p.m. after setting fire to a washing machine in the 5300 block of North Bethmaur Lane at 4:15 p.m. Aug. 31. The resident discovered the machine in flames when she came home. She put out the fire and called 911. An investigation found strong odors of some type of gasoline or lighter fluid in other locations in the home including a bedroom closet. The suspect returned to the home about 7:30 p.m. but left before police arrived. She was located and then arrested. According to the complainant, the suspect had been in a relationship with her son but he broke off that relationship.
17A 52-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for prowling/trespassing and possession of drug paraphernalia after a witness saw him crawling in a yard in the 4600 block of North Ironwood Lane at 11:55 p.m. Aug. 31. The man fled on a bike but was stopped by police and arrested. A resident in that same block reported the theft of jewelry including rings valued at more than $2,000 sometime Aug. 30 to Sept. 1. A rear door had been forced open to gain entry.
18Two 21-year-old women and a 19-year-old woman, residences not released, were arrested for theft of more than $10,000 from their employer, Boston Store, 5701 N. Lydell Ave., over the summer and reported Sept. 1. According to the report the women had voided more than 30 transactions keeping the money and also took items without paying.
No reportable incidents this week.
19A 26-inch bicycle valued at $200 was taken from a shared garage in the 4100 block of North Bartlett Avenue on Aug. 28 or 29 and reported Sept. 3.
20A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving a motor vehicle without the owner's consent after the car was stopped for having no plates in the 4300 block of North Wilson Drive at 5:40 p.m. Aug. 30. The car had been stolen from Glendale.
21A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested on an outstanding warrant after she caused a disturbance at both Walgreens and Pick 'n Save, 4081 and 4145 N. Oakland Ave., at 7:45 p.m. Aug. 31. The woman began yelling vulgarities at Walgreens then left and entered Pick 'n Save continuing to yell.
22A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a bicycle taken from a garage in the 4300 block of West Wildwood Avenue about 11:45 a.m. Sept. 4. A witness saw him coming out of the garage riding the bike which was valued at $1,500.
23A male and female, ages and residences not released, were arrested for possession of stolen property in the 3400 block of North Summit Avenue at 5 a.m. Sept. 4. The couple were found with credit cards previously reported stolen either out of Milwaukee or Shorewood.
24A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct after a 911 call of his being "boisterous" in an apartment building in the 4300 block of N. Oakland Avenue at 8:50 p.m. Sept. 5. He was reportedly angry with a female.
25A purse and wallet, valued at about $75, were taken from a locked car in the 1100 block of East Capitol Drive before noon Sept. 2. Damage to the car was $300. Two males were seen near the car just before the break in occurred.
26A boy, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving a motor vehicle without the owner's consent after that car was stopped for no headlights in the 4000 block of North Wilson Drive at 1 a.m. Sept. 2. The car had been stolen from Milwaukee Sept. 1.
27A mountain bicycle valued at $280 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 5300 block of North Shoreland Avenue sometime Aug. 31 and Sept. 2.
28Two thefts from cars, one locked, were reported in the 5100 block of North Shoreland Avenue sometime Aug. 30 to Sept. 3. Taken from one was a $60 cellphone and about $5 from the other. There was no report of damage.
· Graffiti was reported on village garbage cans and a utility box in the alley behind the 5600 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard, recycling bins behind the 400 block of East Beaumont Avenue and in the 5300 block of North Hollywood Avenue and "a large amount" on the concrete switchback road at Klode Park, 5900 N. Shore Drive, on Sept. 2 to 6.
29A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and driving without required lamps in the 300 block of East Hampton Road at 12:15 a.m. Sept. 3. His BAC was 0.14.
30Four Rolex watches valued at more than $40,000 were taken from Schwanke-Kasten Jewelers, 417 E. Silver Spring Drive, about 12:15 p.m. Sept. 7. The suspect was described as a male who fled in a silver car with out-of-state plates.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 142 calls, 94 emergency medical and 48 fire/rescue, Sept. 2 to 8.
31A fire was reported in the 4800 block of North Mohawk Avenue, Glendale, at 2:07 p.m. Sept. 5. Firefighters found smoke pouring out the front door with the occupants and a pet dog safely outside. One occupant was evaluated for smoke inhalation but no injuries were reported. The resident said she was frying potatoes on the stove when she left to check on a friend's apartment that had been involved with a fire. When she came back, the stove was on fire along with the built-in microwave and cabinets. All were removed from the residence and the fire extinguished.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015