My wife, Janet, and I want to extend our condolences and heartfelt sympathy to Bruce and Jamie Wild over the tragic loss of Shaun, their 24-year-old son.
Wild was truly an iconic high school athletic figure in Brown Deer. As a long-retired Milwaukee Sentinel sportswriter, I avidly followed Shaun's high school baseball and football exploits and those of his brother, Kevin.
One incident stands out. In October 2005, a scout from Winnebago Lutheran High School told me, "That No. 8 (referring to Falcons quarterback Shaun Wild) is quite a player. He can do it all."
Wild certainly did it all in leading Brown Deer to an impressive 38-22 victory over St. Francis that earned Brown Deer a share of the Parkland Conference championship. He passed for two touchdowns, ran for two more scores and set up his own field goal with a 50-yard run and set up another touchdown with a long pass.
A week before he died he told hi smother how excited he was about reading the Bible and his commitment to get through it in one year. What a tremendous witness.
We don't know why Shaun's life ended so prematurely on such a tragic note. We ask our merciful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to give rest to Shaun in a place of light, a place of renewed life, a place of refreshment, where there is no sickness, sorrow and grieving. Pardon every sin which he has committed, both voluntary and involuntary.
In Orthodoxy, when a person dies, w ask that his or her memory be eternal. May Shaun's memory be eternal!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015