School districts across the North Shore are extending extreme weather closings to Tuesday, Jan. 7, and the districts that close their district offices Tuesday will push back the spring election filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Districts were closed today after temperatures plummeted into the negatives with wind chills into the negative 40s. Closings were extended until Tuesday for the following North Shore school districts (districts that have reported on their deadlines are noted):
· Brown Deer (deadline extended)
· Fox Point-Bayside (deadline extended)
· Glendale-River Hills
· Maple Dale-Indian Hill
· Mequon-Thiensville (deadline extended)
· Nicolet (deadline extended)
· Shorewood (deadline still 5 p.m. Jan. 7)
· Whitefish Bay (deadline extended)
Whether districts extend their spring election filing deadline depends on whether their district offices are openTuesday.
According to the state Government Accountability Board, districts that close their offices tomorrow can extend the election filing deadline until 5 p.m. Wednesday. Districts that keep their main offices open will have to follow the statutory filing deadline of 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building