The North Shore Fire Department doused a blaze at Andrew Automotive Collision Repair Center in Glendale this afternoon after a painting booth within the structure caught fire and caused an estimated $100,000 in damages. No one was injured.
According to an NSFD news release:
Around 2:30 p.m. an NSFD fire company was leaving the Glendale firehouse when firefighters onboard notice heavy black smoke to the southwest. Almost simultaneously a call came in from Andrew Automotive and the Glendale fire company, along with others, were dispatched to the scene.
Arriving crews found heavy black smoke coming from the building. With additional crews the fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished.
NSFD said the fire started when a static charge ignited paint fumes in the booth.
On-scene commanders from NSFD and the Glendale Police Department accounted for everyone who had been in the building at the time of the fire.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer