Brown Deer man, former Milwaukee charter school principal, arrested on child sex assault
Brown Deer — Ronnie Johnson, a 46-year-old Brown Deer resident, has been charged with 14 sex offenses, including four counts of sexual assault of a child younger than 13, repeated sexual assault of a child, indecent exposure and child enticement.
Brown Deer police arrested Johnson at his 63rd Street home Friday while executing a search warrant resulting from an investigation of numerous child sex assault charges, according to a police department news release.
Johnson is suspected of finding his victims while principal of the Young Leaders Academy, a Milwaukee Charter School, according to the release. Johnson was recently an administrator at Universal Companies, a Pennsylvania-based charter school management company.
Universal Companies said in a statement Monday that Johnson had been fired.
Anyone with additional information regarding Johnson is asked to contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) THE-LOST (800-843-5678) or online at cybertipline.com.
According to the 21-page criminal complaint filed by the District Attorney:
The 14 charges consist of two charges of second degree sexual assault, two charges of third degree sexual assault, one charge of child enticement, four charges of sexual assault of a child younger than 13, one charge of repeated sexual assault of a child, one charge of attempted second degree sexual assault, and three charges of causing children to expose themselves to him.
Charges date back to 2002, when Johnson allegedly sexually assaulted a 7-year-old child.
One witness, the mother of three of Johnson's victims, said her three sons "did not have a strong father figure and that (Johnson) took on what appeared to be a kind of father figure role for her boys."
She testified that although the arrangement seemed a little odd at first, Young Leaders Academy students did go to Johnson's house. Her sons did spend the night there, she said.
Her sons, two of whom are now adults, recently got into arguments with Johnson which culminated in them disclosing the abuses. Johnson, according to their mother's testimony, had been "their school principal, 'godfather' and a very trusted family friend."
Brown Deer police say the investigation is ongoing and may result in additional charges
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- Update: 20-year-old woman released from hospital after car crash that killed 2 other women
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)