Police arrested a man Tuesday afternoon suspected of calling in a bomb threat to the Fox 6 television station.
According to a Brown Deer Police Department news release, police were sent to the TV station around 7 a.m. Tuesday after a bomb threat was called in to the newsroom, 9001 N. Green Bay Road.
Police secured the building and evacuated nonessential personnel. In conjunction with the Milwaukee County Sheriff Department's canine unit, police searched the building but did not find a bomb.
After further investigation, Brown Deer police arrested a 28-year-old Milwaukee man at his home. Charges are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015