Police arrested a man Tuesday afternoon suspected of calling in a bomb threat to the Fox 6 television station.
According to a Brown Deer Police Department news release, police were sent to the TV station around 7 a.m. Tuesday after a bomb threat was called in to the newsroom, 9001 N. Green Bay Road.
Police secured the building and evacuated nonessential personnel. In conjunction with the Milwaukee County Sheriff Department's canine unit, police searched the building but did not find a bomb.
After further investigation, Brown Deer police arrested a 28-year-old Milwaukee man at his home. Charges are pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- 2 dead, 1 in critical condition after car crash in Brown Deer
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)