Brown Deer man faces nine more child molestation charges
New charges against Johnson date back to 1991
Brown Deer — Ronnie Johnson, the 46-year-old Brown Deer man who was recently charged with 14 counts of child sex assault, is now facing nine more similar counts for a total of 23.
Since the first round of charges were filed July 30, two more alleged victims in addition to the original three have come forward, according to an updated criminal complaint filed by the District Attorney's office Aug. 12.
The new charges allege Johnson had been having innapropriate relationships and contact with young boys dating back to 1991. The first round of charges allege Johnson had been carrying on with multiple boys through 2013.
Johnson was a long-time principal at the Young Leaders Academy, a Milwaukee charter school, and taught at Lee Elementary School in Milwaukee. Prior to his recent arrest and subsequent charges, he was an administrator at Universal Companies, a Pennsylvania-based charter school management company. He was fired by Universal Companies shortly after his arrest.
Johnson's alleged victims and families report that he would refer to the boys as "godsons" and would have them refer to him as their "godfather." Evidence in the charges suggests Johnson found his victims at the schools where he taught and was principal.
Brown Deer police are still investigating the case and are encouraging anyone with information regarding Johnson to contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) THE-LOST (843-5678) or online at cybertipline.com
"It's going to be a lengthy investigation," BDPD public information officer Lisa Kumbier said Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank