The season has been a little long, but the Falcons were rewarded when sophomore forward Vicky Rivera unleashed a long, arching shot that found the back of the net in the first minute of overtime to seal a 3-2 nonconference decision over Franklin on May 16.
Brown Deer followed that with a 2-1 loss to Grafton on May 17.
The Falcons earned the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 sectional bracket and will host Milwaukee School of Languages in a regional semifinal at 5 p.m. today, May 22.
The winner will visit top-seeded Shorewood in a regional final on Saturday, May 24.
"We've had a pretty rough season, but we've played two good games in a row," Falcons coach Billy Thorpe said. "Our record isn't so great, but we are going into the regional playoffs with some confidence."
Rivera scored twice against Franklin, and Kristy Reichmann had the team's other goal. Thorpe praised Kristi Noll, Kristy Webster and Laura Jaroczynski.
Rivera scored the Falcons' only goal against Grafton, where Meg Carey and Cameron Stoeger also played well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- 'Shop with a cop' event makes Christmas wishes come true
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- North Shore Health Department nurse retires after 38 years
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015