The season has been a little long, but the Falcons were rewarded when sophomore forward Vicky Rivera unleashed a long, arching shot that found the back of the net in the first minute of overtime to seal a 3-2 nonconference decision over Franklin on May 16.
Brown Deer followed that with a 2-1 loss to Grafton on May 17.
The Falcons earned the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 sectional bracket and will host Milwaukee School of Languages in a regional semifinal at 5 p.m. today, May 22.
The winner will visit top-seeded Shorewood in a regional final on Saturday, May 24.
"We've had a pretty rough season, but we've played two good games in a row," Falcons coach Billy Thorpe said. "Our record isn't so great, but we are going into the regional playoffs with some confidence."
Rivera scored twice against Franklin, and Kristy Reichmann had the team's other goal. Thorpe praised Kristi Noll, Kristy Webster and Laura Jaroczynski.
Rivera scored the Falcons' only goal against Grafton, where Meg Carey and Cameron Stoeger also played well.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief