The season has been a little long, but the Falcons were rewarded when sophomore forward Vicky Rivera unleashed a long, arching shot that found the back of the net in the first minute of overtime to seal a 3-2 nonconference decision over Franklin on May 16.
Brown Deer followed that with a 2-1 loss to Grafton on May 17.
The Falcons earned the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 sectional bracket and will host Milwaukee School of Languages in a regional semifinal at 5 p.m. today, May 22.
The winner will visit top-seeded Shorewood in a regional final on Saturday, May 24.
"We've had a pretty rough season, but we've played two good games in a row," Falcons coach Billy Thorpe said. "Our record isn't so great, but we are going into the regional playoffs with some confidence."
Rivera scored twice against Franklin, and Kristy Reichmann had the team's other goal. Thorpe praised Kristi Noll, Kristy Webster and Laura Jaroczynski.
Rivera scored the Falcons' only goal against Grafton, where Meg Carey and Cameron Stoeger also played well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- Refinancing referendum passes in Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- Public weighs in on overpass at Green Bay and Brown Deer roads
- Brown Deer selects new police chief