There were low points for Brown Deer last week, but the Falcons did get a major high point when Brittany Bobholz blasted a bases-loaded triple to left-center field to bring home the winning runs in a wild, 17-15 decision over St. Francis on April 22.
"We were trailing by four going into the bottom of the seventh and I thought we showed a lot of character," Falcons coach Jeff Bersch said. "It was a good game for us."
The win helped make up for distressing defeats at the hands of St. Thomas More (17-0) and Whitnall (24-0).
The win over St. Francis was encouraging for the Falcons because at one point they trailed, 11-4. A six-run fifth got them back into the game before the final rally in the seventh.
Brown Deer (2-5) had 19 hits on the night with Raven Crenshaw, Lauren Senour and Bobholz notching four apiece and Ashley Haizel and Darcy Murtaugh getting two each. Jenna Hespe earned the win despite 10 walks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother arrested in stabbing of 2 sons
- Green Bay Road meeting is July 30
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer
- Beer garden rejected at Parkview
- Brown Deer may get Goodwill
- Brown Deer unveils new downtown district
- Brown Deer seeks refinancing
- Brown Deer Police Chief Steven Rinzel retiring after 20 years