There were low points for Brown Deer last week, but the Falcons did get a major high point when Brittany Bobholz blasted a bases-loaded triple to left-center field to bring home the winning runs in a wild, 17-15 decision over St. Francis on April 22.
"We were trailing by four going into the bottom of the seventh and I thought we showed a lot of character," Falcons coach Jeff Bersch said. "It was a good game for us."
The win helped make up for distressing defeats at the hands of St. Thomas More (17-0) and Whitnall (24-0).
The win over St. Francis was encouraging for the Falcons because at one point they trailed, 11-4. A six-run fifth got them back into the game before the final rally in the seventh.
Brown Deer (2-5) had 19 hits on the night with Raven Crenshaw, Lauren Senour and Bobholz notching four apiece and Ashley Haizel and Darcy Murtaugh getting two each. Jenna Hespe earned the win despite 10 walks.
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Hillel Academy, High School renamed in honor of Dr. Alfred Bader
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016