There were low points for Brown Deer last week, but the Falcons did get a major high point when Brittany Bobholz blasted a bases-loaded triple to left-center field to bring home the winning runs in a wild, 17-15 decision over St. Francis on April 22.
"We were trailing by four going into the bottom of the seventh and I thought we showed a lot of character," Falcons coach Jeff Bersch said. "It was a good game for us."
The win helped make up for distressing defeats at the hands of St. Thomas More (17-0) and Whitnall (24-0).
The win over St. Francis was encouraging for the Falcons because at one point they trailed, 11-4. A six-run fifth got them back into the game before the final rally in the seventh.
Brown Deer (2-5) had 19 hits on the night with Raven Crenshaw, Lauren Senour and Bobholz notching four apiece and Ashley Haizel and Darcy Murtaugh getting two each. Jenna Hespe earned the win despite 10 walks.
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (3)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character