It was an up-and-down campaign for the 9-13 Brown Deer team this season.
The Falcons, who ended their season with a regional loss to Greendale on Feb. 28, finished the Woodland Conference season at 5-11.
"Overall, it was a very good season," Falcons coach Charlie Kazel said. "It would have been nice to go a little further (in the playoffs) but that's the way it works out sometimes."
The Falcons averaged 44 points per game and were led by junior point guard Sydney Nelson (11.5 points per game). Senior guard Kaya Senaya tossed in 8.3 and junior post Samantha Weber 5.7.
Though Brown Deer lost five of its last six games, it did play well in that run in close losses to strong squads from Pewaukee and New Berlin Eisenhower.
Other seniors on the team for the Falcons included Amanda Saffold, Kai Senaya, Stacey Rademacher and LaCree Taylor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bomb squad examines grenade found in Brown Deer house
- River Lane Inn will become Pastiche
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Cats, guinea pig die in fire
- Rumage Around: Getting to know you, my readers
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Leaf Trail extension links Milwaukee to Ozaukee County
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Former Whitefish Bay resident returns to discuss her new novel
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect