It was an up-and-down campaign for the 9-13 Brown Deer team this season.
The Falcons, who ended their season with a regional loss to Greendale on Feb. 28, finished the Woodland Conference season at 5-11.
"Overall, it was a very good season," Falcons coach Charlie Kazel said. "It would have been nice to go a little further (in the playoffs) but that's the way it works out sometimes."
The Falcons averaged 44 points per game and were led by junior point guard Sydney Nelson (11.5 points per game). Senior guard Kaya Senaya tossed in 8.3 and junior post Samantha Weber 5.7.
Though Brown Deer lost five of its last six games, it did play well in that run in close losses to strong squads from Pewaukee and New Berlin Eisenhower.
Other seniors on the team for the Falcons included Amanda Saffold, Kai Senaya, Stacey Rademacher and LaCree Taylor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district (1)
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts