St. Thomas More found another gear in the second half and proved to be too much for Brown Deer as the Cavaliers outscored the Falcons, 34-17, to erase a four-point deficit and win going away, 49-36, Jan. 25.
The Falcons, who had preceded that with a 53-48 non-conference win over Winnebago Lutheran on Jan. 22, are 3-7 in the Woodland Conference (6-8 overall).
Brown Deer held a 19-15 lead at the half against the Cavaliers (6-7) but a 19-9 third-quarter outburst erased that advantage. More's Abby Meka had 20 points including 10-of-10 from the foul line. Kaya Senaya had 13 points and Sydney Nelson seven for Brown Deer.
Against Lutheran, the Falcons trailed, 27-22, at halftime and, 34-31, entering the fourth before a 22-14 effort pushed them to victory lane. Samantha Weber had 18 points to lead four players in double figures, including Ariel Kenlow and Nelson with 12 each.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district (1)
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election