St. Thomas More found another gear in the second half and proved to be too much for Brown Deer as the Cavaliers outscored the Falcons, 34-17, to erase a four-point deficit and win going away, 49-36, Jan. 25.
The Falcons, who had preceded that with a 53-48 non-conference win over Winnebago Lutheran on Jan. 22, are 3-7 in the Woodland Conference (6-8 overall).
Brown Deer held a 19-15 lead at the half against the Cavaliers (6-7) but a 19-9 third-quarter outburst erased that advantage. More's Abby Meka had 20 points including 10-of-10 from the foul line. Kaya Senaya had 13 points and Sydney Nelson seven for Brown Deer.
Against Lutheran, the Falcons trailed, 27-22, at halftime and, 34-31, entering the fourth before a 22-14 effort pushed them to victory lane. Samantha Weber had 18 points to lead four players in double figures, including Ariel Kenlow and Nelson with 12 each.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- Refinancing referendum passes in Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- Public weighs in on overpass at Green Bay and Brown Deer roads