St. Thomas More found another gear in the second half and proved to be too much for Brown Deer as the Cavaliers outscored the Falcons, 34-17, to erase a four-point deficit and win going away, 49-36, Jan. 25.
The Falcons, who had preceded that with a 53-48 non-conference win over Winnebago Lutheran on Jan. 22, are 3-7 in the Woodland Conference (6-8 overall).
Brown Deer held a 19-15 lead at the half against the Cavaliers (6-7) but a 19-9 third-quarter outburst erased that advantage. More's Abby Meka had 20 points including 10-of-10 from the foul line. Kaya Senaya had 13 points and Sydney Nelson seven for Brown Deer.
Against Lutheran, the Falcons trailed, 27-22, at halftime and, 34-31, entering the fourth before a 22-14 effort pushed them to victory lane. Samantha Weber had 18 points to lead four players in double figures, including Ariel Kenlow and Nelson with 12 each.
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections