It would have been a major upset, but Brown Deer couldn't quite pull it as the Falcons fell to defending state Division 2 runner-up Greendale, 30-27, Dec. 7.
The loss closed a frustrating week for the Falcons, who also dropped a 52-28 non-conference decision to Horicon on Dec. 4.
The Falcons took a 10-5 lead on Greendale in the first period, but the Panthers rallied for a 20-17 advantage at the break. The game stayed close throughout the second half.
The Panthers tried to help Brown Deer with a miserable nine-of-23 effort from the foul line.
Both Kaya Senaya and Sydney Nelson had eight points apiece for the Falcons.
Against Horicon, Brown Deer fell behind 14-2 at the quarter and never recovered.
Senaya had seven points while Nelson and Samantha Weber contributed six apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- Update: 20-year-old woman released from hospital after car crash that killed 2 other women
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati