It would have been a major upset, but Brown Deer couldn't quite pull it as the Falcons fell to defending state Division 2 runner-up Greendale, 30-27, Dec. 7.
The loss closed a frustrating week for the Falcons, who also dropped a 52-28 non-conference decision to Horicon on Dec. 4.
The Falcons took a 10-5 lead on Greendale in the first period, but the Panthers rallied for a 20-17 advantage at the break. The game stayed close throughout the second half.
The Panthers tried to help Brown Deer with a miserable nine-of-23 effort from the foul line.
Both Kaya Senaya and Sydney Nelson had eight points apiece for the Falcons.
Against Horicon, Brown Deer fell behind 14-2 at the quarter and never recovered.
Senaya had seven points while Nelson and Samantha Weber contributed six apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- 'Shop with a cop' event makes Christmas wishes come true
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- North Shore Health Department nurse retires after 38 years
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015
- Governor's race draws strong turnout on North Shore
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing