It would have been a major upset, but Brown Deer couldn't quite pull it as the Falcons fell to defending state Division 2 runner-up Greendale, 30-27, Dec. 7.
The loss closed a frustrating week for the Falcons, who also dropped a 52-28 non-conference decision to Horicon on Dec. 4.
The Falcons took a 10-5 lead on Greendale in the first period, but the Panthers rallied for a 20-17 advantage at the break. The game stayed close throughout the second half.
The Panthers tried to help Brown Deer with a miserable nine-of-23 effort from the foul line.
Both Kaya Senaya and Sydney Nelson had eight points apiece for the Falcons.
Against Horicon, Brown Deer fell behind 14-2 at the quarter and never recovered.
Senaya had seven points while Nelson and Samantha Weber contributed six apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- Patio returns to Brown Deer's Park View Pub
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer