It would have been a major upset, but Brown Deer couldn't quite pull it as the Falcons fell to defending state Division 2 runner-up Greendale, 30-27, Dec. 7.
The loss closed a frustrating week for the Falcons, who also dropped a 52-28 non-conference decision to Horicon on Dec. 4.
The Falcons took a 10-5 lead on Greendale in the first period, but the Panthers rallied for a 20-17 advantage at the break. The game stayed close throughout the second half.
The Panthers tried to help Brown Deer with a miserable nine-of-23 effort from the foul line.
Both Kaya Senaya and Sydney Nelson had eight points apiece for the Falcons.
Against Horicon, Brown Deer fell behind 14-2 at the quarter and never recovered.
Senaya had seven points while Nelson and Samantha Weber contributed six apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election