It would have been a major upset, but Brown Deer couldn't quite pull it as the Falcons fell to defending state Division 2 runner-up Greendale, 30-27, Dec. 7.
The loss closed a frustrating week for the Falcons, who also dropped a 52-28 non-conference decision to Horicon on Dec. 4.
The Falcons took a 10-5 lead on Greendale in the first period, but the Panthers rallied for a 20-17 advantage at the break. The game stayed close throughout the second half.
The Panthers tried to help Brown Deer with a miserable nine-of-23 effort from the foul line.
Both Kaya Senaya and Sydney Nelson had eight points apiece for the Falcons.
Against Horicon, Brown Deer fell behind 14-2 at the quarter and never recovered.
Senaya had seven points while Nelson and Samantha Weber contributed six apiece.
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Hillel Academy, High School renamed in honor of Dr. Alfred Bader
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- From Shorewood to Mequon, North Shore results paint an interesting primary picture