The Brown Deer girls basketball team is expected to be a veteran squad this winter and will try to build on a strong finish to the 2006-07 campaign.
The Falcons, who finished with a 6-17 mark a year ago, including wins in their first two WIAA regional games, opened against Kenosha Christian Life on Nov. 27 and now will start Woodland Conference play at home at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 against Cudahy. They will then travel to Horicon for a non-conference tilt at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Expected returnees for the Falcons include seniors Kaya and Kai Senaya, Amanda Saffold, and Stacey Rademacher; juniors Kristin Lillie, Samantha Weber and Sydney Nelson; and sophomore Monique Morris. Kaya Senaya is a multi-time state track sprint champion and Nelson received praise from coach Charlie Kazel at the end of last season for her point guard play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bomb squad examines grenade found in Brown Deer house
- River Lane Inn will become Pastiche
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Cats, guinea pig die in fire
- Rumage Around: Getting to know you, my readers
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Leaf Trail extension links Milwaukee to Ozaukee County
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Former Whitefish Bay resident returns to discuss her new novel
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect