The Brown Deer girls basketball team is expected to be a veteran squad this winter and will try to build on a strong finish to the 2006-07 campaign.
The Falcons, who finished with a 6-17 mark a year ago, including wins in their first two WIAA regional games, opened against Kenosha Christian Life on Nov. 27 and now will start Woodland Conference play at home at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 against Cudahy. They will then travel to Horicon for a non-conference tilt at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Expected returnees for the Falcons include seniors Kaya and Kai Senaya, Amanda Saffold, and Stacey Rademacher; juniors Kristin Lillie, Samantha Weber and Sydney Nelson; and sophomore Monique Morris. Kaya Senaya is a multi-time state track sprint champion and Nelson received praise from coach Charlie Kazel at the end of last season for her point guard play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer
- Beer garden rejected at Parkview
- Brown Deer may get Goodwill
- Brown Deer unveils new downtown district
- Brown Deer seeks refinancing
- Brown Deer Police Chief Steven Rinzel retiring after 20 years
- Brown Deer planning to purchase American TV site