The Brown Deer girls basketball team is expected to be a veteran squad this winter and will try to build on a strong finish to the 2006-07 campaign.
The Falcons, who finished with a 6-17 mark a year ago, including wins in their first two WIAA regional games, opened against Kenosha Christian Life on Nov. 27 and now will start Woodland Conference play at home at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 against Cudahy. They will then travel to Horicon for a non-conference tilt at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Expected returnees for the Falcons include seniors Kaya and Kai Senaya, Amanda Saffold, and Stacey Rademacher; juniors Kristin Lillie, Samantha Weber and Sydney Nelson; and sophomore Monique Morris. Kaya Senaya is a multi-time state track sprint champion and Nelson received praise from coach Charlie Kazel at the end of last season for her point guard play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead ACT scores top North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Newsweek: Whitefish Bay best Wisconsin school; 30th in nation
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015