The Brown Deer girls basketball team is expected to be a veteran squad this winter and will try to build on a strong finish to the 2006-07 campaign.
The Falcons, who finished with a 6-17 mark a year ago, including wins in their first two WIAA regional games, opened against Kenosha Christian Life on Nov. 27 and now will start Woodland Conference play at home at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 against Cudahy. They will then travel to Horicon for a non-conference tilt at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Expected returnees for the Falcons include seniors Kaya and Kai Senaya, Amanda Saffold, and Stacey Rademacher; juniors Kristin Lillie, Samantha Weber and Sydney Nelson; and sophomore Monique Morris. Kaya Senaya is a multi-time state track sprint champion and Nelson received praise from coach Charlie Kazel at the end of last season for her point guard play.
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- North Shore locals will be on June 11 Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Ballots fill up for fall elections