After deciding against holding interviews, the Brown Deer Village Board on June 4 appointed Andrea Weddle to fill the remaining year on the three-year term of Carl Krueger, who was elected village president in April.
The village received applications from seven people seeking appointment to the position. Those expressing an interest in serving were James Allen, Otto Bunge, Barry Godshaw, Lee Jones, Prentice Jones, Bruce Thomas and Weddle.
The candidates each submitted written responses to questions asked by the board. Based on those response, the board selected Weddle, Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said.
Weddle's term will expire in April 2008. She will need to decide whether to seek election for a subsequent three-year term by Dec. 21.
Trustees serve a three-year term and earn $2,100 per year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Online exclusive: Brown Deer school budget shortfall creates challenges
- Online exclusive: Brown Deer updating school visitors policy
- Election 2014: Bunge, Izard eliminated in Brown Deer primary election
- Story and video: North Shore Library's director retiring after 20 years
- Brown Deer police seeking BP armed robbery suspect
- Brown Deer School District mulls custodial job changes
- ELECTION 2014: Brown Deer Village Board primary election voters guide
- International Auto dealership could land on 51st and Brown Deer
- ELECTION 2014: Brown Deer Village Board primary candidates sound off on the issues
- Brown Deer School Board meeting rescheduled for Wednesday