A competitive first half was not enough for Brown Deer as the Falcons fell victim to a 38-13 second-session outburst by host Pewaukee in a 56-29 defeat Feb. 9.
The Falcons fell to 2-12 in Woodland play and 4-14 overall with the defeat. They will close their regular season on Friday, Feb. 16, at New Berlin West (10-7). The Falcons drew the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 regional bracket and will host Whitefish Bay (1-18) in a regional quarterfinal at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20.
The winner of that game advances to a regional semifinal at top seed Messmer on Thursday, Feb. 22 (TBA). The regional final is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Wauwatosa East (TBA).
Brown Deer trailed Pewaukee, 18-16, at the half but the margin increased to 34-20 by the end of the third quarter.
Sydney Nelson had eight points and Samantha Weber six for the Falcons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district (1)
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak
- North Shore schools concerned about Walker's proposed budget cuts
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday