A competitive first half was not enough for Brown Deer as the Falcons fell victim to a 38-13 second-session outburst by host Pewaukee in a 56-29 defeat Feb. 9.
The Falcons fell to 2-12 in Woodland play and 4-14 overall with the defeat. They will close their regular season on Friday, Feb. 16, at New Berlin West (10-7). The Falcons drew the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 regional bracket and will host Whitefish Bay (1-18) in a regional quarterfinal at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20.
The winner of that game advances to a regional semifinal at top seed Messmer on Thursday, Feb. 22 (TBA). The regional final is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Wauwatosa East (TBA).
Brown Deer trailed Pewaukee, 18-16, at the half but the margin increased to 34-20 by the end of the third quarter.
Sydney Nelson had eight points and Samantha Weber six for the Falcons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Burglary suspects allegedly targeted Whitefish Bay couple away at a funeral
- Patio returns to Brown Deer's Park View Pub
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- Goodwill opens new store in Brown Deer
- Two suspects charged in Brown Deer carjacking
- Aldi may come to Brown Deer