A competitive first half was not enough for Brown Deer as the Falcons fell victim to a 38-13 second-session outburst by host Pewaukee in a 56-29 defeat Feb. 9.
The Falcons fell to 2-12 in Woodland play and 4-14 overall with the defeat. They will close their regular season on Friday, Feb. 16, at New Berlin West (10-7). The Falcons drew the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 regional bracket and will host Whitefish Bay (1-18) in a regional quarterfinal at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20.
The winner of that game advances to a regional semifinal at top seed Messmer on Thursday, Feb. 22 (TBA). The regional final is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Wauwatosa East (TBA).
Brown Deer trailed Pewaukee, 18-16, at the half but the margin increased to 34-20 by the end of the third quarter.
Sydney Nelson had eight points and Samantha Weber six for the Falcons.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore region
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief