A competitive first half was not enough for Brown Deer as the Falcons fell victim to a 38-13 second-session outburst by host Pewaukee in a 56-29 defeat Feb. 9.
The Falcons fell to 2-12 in Woodland play and 4-14 overall with the defeat. They will close their regular season on Friday, Feb. 16, at New Berlin West (10-7). The Falcons drew the fourth seed in their WIAA Division 2 regional bracket and will host Whitefish Bay (1-18) in a regional quarterfinal at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20.
The winner of that game advances to a regional semifinal at top seed Messmer on Thursday, Feb. 22 (TBA). The regional final is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Wauwatosa East (TBA).
Brown Deer trailed Pewaukee, 18-16, at the half but the margin increased to 34-20 by the end of the third quarter.
Sydney Nelson had eight points and Samantha Weber six for the Falcons.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Positive and uplifting stories in suburban Milwaukee and Lake Country in January
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class