It was a week of frustration for Brown Deer as the Falcons dropped a 48-43 overtime decision to Shorewood on Dec. 15 and had a 40-33 defeat at the hands of Whitnall on Dec. 12.
The two road losses dropped the Falcons to 0-4 in Woodland play and 2-5 overall. The girls were to close out the 2006 portion of their schedule against New Berlin Eisenhower on Dec. 19 and will return to action on Friday, Jan. 5, when they travel to Pewaukee (3-3) for another Woodland tilt.
Against Shorewood (2-4), the Falcons rallied from six points down in the fourth quarter to force the OT, but couldn't sustain the momentum in overtime. Sydney Nelson had 14 points and Artavia Reynolds 12 for the Falcons as Samantha Weber had six.
The Greyhounds All-Suburban star Amanda Schick had five of her 18 points in overtime.
Against Whitnall (4-1), the Falcons trailed by only two going into the fourth quarter, but couldn't make the final push.
Nelson and Ashyanna Young had 10 apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aldi may come to Brown Deer
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Mindful meditation comes to Mequon
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district (1)