It was a week of frustration for Brown Deer as the Falcons dropped a 48-43 overtime decision to Shorewood on Dec. 15 and had a 40-33 defeat at the hands of Whitnall on Dec. 12.
The two road losses dropped the Falcons to 0-4 in Woodland play and 2-5 overall. The girls were to close out the 2006 portion of their schedule against New Berlin Eisenhower on Dec. 19 and will return to action on Friday, Jan. 5, when they travel to Pewaukee (3-3) for another Woodland tilt.
Against Shorewood (2-4), the Falcons rallied from six points down in the fourth quarter to force the OT, but couldn't sustain the momentum in overtime. Sydney Nelson had 14 points and Artavia Reynolds 12 for the Falcons as Samantha Weber had six.
The Greyhounds All-Suburban star Amanda Schick had five of her 18 points in overtime.
Against Whitnall (4-1), the Falcons trailed by only two going into the fourth quarter, but couldn't make the final push.
Nelson and Ashyanna Young had 10 apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- 'Shop with a cop' event makes Christmas wishes come true
- North Shore school boards target achievement gap
- North Shore Health Department nurse retires after 38 years
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015
- Governor's race draws strong turnout on North Shore
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing