It was a week of frustration for Brown Deer as the Falcons dropped a 48-43 overtime decision to Shorewood on Dec. 15 and had a 40-33 defeat at the hands of Whitnall on Dec. 12.
The two road losses dropped the Falcons to 0-4 in Woodland play and 2-5 overall. The girls were to close out the 2006 portion of their schedule against New Berlin Eisenhower on Dec. 19 and will return to action on Friday, Jan. 5, when they travel to Pewaukee (3-3) for another Woodland tilt.
Against Shorewood (2-4), the Falcons rallied from six points down in the fourth quarter to force the OT, but couldn't sustain the momentum in overtime. Sydney Nelson had 14 points and Artavia Reynolds 12 for the Falcons as Samantha Weber had six.
The Greyhounds All-Suburban star Amanda Schick had five of her 18 points in overtime.
Against Whitnall (4-1), the Falcons trailed by only two going into the fourth quarter, but couldn't make the final push.
Nelson and Ashyanna Young had 10 apiece.
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Traffic accident closes lane of I-43 northbound Friday afternoon
- The Cheel in Thiensville champions Nepal relief