It was a week of frustration for Brown Deer as the Falcons dropped a 48-43 overtime decision to Shorewood on Dec. 15 and had a 40-33 defeat at the hands of Whitnall on Dec. 12.
The two road losses dropped the Falcons to 0-4 in Woodland play and 2-5 overall. The girls were to close out the 2006 portion of their schedule against New Berlin Eisenhower on Dec. 19 and will return to action on Friday, Jan. 5, when they travel to Pewaukee (3-3) for another Woodland tilt.
Against Shorewood (2-4), the Falcons rallied from six points down in the fourth quarter to force the OT, but couldn't sustain the momentum in overtime. Sydney Nelson had 14 points and Artavia Reynolds 12 for the Falcons as Samantha Weber had six.
The Greyhounds All-Suburban star Amanda Schick had five of her 18 points in overtime.
Against Whitnall (4-1), the Falcons trailed by only two going into the fourth quarter, but couldn't make the final push.
Nelson and Ashyanna Young had 10 apiece.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Special Report: Flooded with Questions: North Shore suburbs five years after 2010 floods
- Brown Deer will build new public works building (1)
- Bayside woman running Chicago Marathon to raise awareness of genetic disorder
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer (2)
- Faith Fellowship of North Shore sets meeting in River Hills
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015