Brown Deer — Police are on the lookout for a man suspected of robbing at gunpoint the BP gas station at 51st Street and Brown Deer Road Wednesday evening.
According to a Brown Deer Police Department news release, the man entered the gas station about 7 p.m. Wednesday and wanted to purchase a cigar. The clerk asked for identification, which the man handed over. According to the clerk, the ID provided matched the man.
While the clerk was handing over change, the man pulled out a black gun of unknown style from his backpack and demanded money.
The man made off with an undisclosed amount of cash, running to and entering the passenger side of a late-model, dark-colored Chevy Impala, which was last seen going south on 51st Street.
The man was described as a black male, 18- to 20-years-old, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches with an average build. He was wearing a black baseball cap; dark coat and pants; white tennis shoes; and a black backpack.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Brown Deer police at (414) 371-2900 with reference to case 14-1726.
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)