Brown Deer — Police are on the lookout for a man suspected of robbing at gunpoint the BP gas station at 51st Street and Brown Deer Road Wednesday evening.
According to a Brown Deer Police Department news release, the man entered the gas station about 7 p.m. Wednesday and wanted to purchase a cigar. The clerk asked for identification, which the man handed over. According to the clerk, the ID provided matched the man.
While the clerk was handing over change, the man pulled out a black gun of unknown style from his backpack and demanded money.
The man made off with an undisclosed amount of cash, running to and entering the passenger side of a late-model, dark-colored Chevy Impala, which was last seen going south on 51st Street.
The man was described as a black male, 18- to 20-years-old, 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 10 inches with an average build. He was wearing a black baseball cap; dark coat and pants; white tennis shoes; and a black backpack.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Brown Deer police at (414) 371-2900 with reference to case 14-1726.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015