At about 1 p.m. Tuesday Brown Deer police arrested 36-year-old Jorge Aldape, who is suspected of assaulting an employee at the Pitney Bowes building at 9053 North Deerbrook Trail and allegedly brandishing a gun before fleeing on foot.
According to a BDPD news release:
Police responded to a 911 call at 7:40 a.m. Monday morning. The caller said there was a man with a gun.
Police established a perimeter around the building while Pitney Bowes initiated a lock-down of the building. The suspect, later identified as Aldape, was reportedly married to an employee.
Further investigation revealed an employee of Pitney Bowes was allegedly battered by the suspect inside the business. The victim then fled in a vehicle and the suspect fled on foot. Witnesses reported the suspect displayed a handgun he was carrying while fleeing the property. Neither the victim nor the suspect were able to be located until later on Monday, when Milwaukee Police Department eventually tracked the victim down. She was found safe and also put in contact with Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer