At about 1 p.m. Tuesday Brown Deer police arrested 36-year-old Jorge Aldape, who is suspected of assaulting an employee at the Pitney Bowes building at 9053 North Deerbrook Trail and allegedly brandishing a gun before fleeing on foot.
According to a BDPD news release:
Police responded to a 911 call at 7:40 a.m. Monday morning. The caller said there was a man with a gun.
Police established a perimeter around the building while Pitney Bowes initiated a lock-down of the building. The suspect, later identified as Aldape, was reportedly married to an employee.
Further investigation revealed an employee of Pitney Bowes was allegedly battered by the suspect inside the business. The victim then fled in a vehicle and the suspect fled on foot. Witnesses reported the suspect displayed a handgun he was carrying while fleeing the property. Neither the victim nor the suspect were able to be located until later on Monday, when Milwaukee Police Department eventually tracked the victim down. She was found safe and also put in contact with Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015