At about 1 p.m. Tuesday Brown Deer police arrested 36-year-old Jorge Aldape, who is suspected of assaulting an employee at the Pitney Bowes building at 9053 North Deerbrook Trail and allegedly brandishing a gun before fleeing on foot.
According to a BDPD news release:
Police responded to a 911 call at 7:40 a.m. Monday morning. The caller said there was a man with a gun.
Police established a perimeter around the building while Pitney Bowes initiated a lock-down of the building. The suspect, later identified as Aldape, was reportedly married to an employee.
Further investigation revealed an employee of Pitney Bowes was allegedly battered by the suspect inside the business. The victim then fled in a vehicle and the suspect fled on foot. Witnesses reported the suspect displayed a handgun he was carrying while fleeing the property. Neither the victim nor the suspect were able to be located until later on Monday, when Milwaukee Police Department eventually tracked the victim down. She was found safe and also put in contact with Sojourner Family Peace Center.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer