Brown Deer — At the request of developer General Capital, the village has put its consideration of a Bradley Crossing-like apartment complex on hold, Village Manager Michael Hall announced in a news release.
The Plan Commission, scheduled to review on June 10 General Capital's 44-unit rental expansion at the Beaver Creek site on 60th Street and Brown Deer Road, will take the matter up at a later date. The Community Development Authority will still review the underlying financial agreement between General Capital and the village June 13, as scheduled.
In a letter, General Capital Partner Sig Strautmanis requested the review be held until "the next available Plan Commission once the details of the Operational Development Agreement are worked out... Based on feedback we received at the May 28th public hearing, we would like to work with staff to draft the full Operational Development Agreement before proceeding to the Plan Commission for review and referral. We feel it is important to document the details of the operation including management, security, trash removal and so on."
Plan Commission meetings are usually held the second Monday of any given month. Barring a special meeting, that would make the next regularly scheduled commission meeting July 8.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015