More than $7,000 in cash was taken during an armed robbery in Brown Deer after a meeting arranged on Craigslist went awry.
According to the Brown Deer police report, which was released last week:
The more than $7,000 cash was taken during an armed robbery in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court about 3 a.m. Aug. 1.
The victim had responded to an ad on Craigslist to meet a woman. He told police he just wanted someone to talk to.
She arrived with a man and the three went to Potawatomi Bingo Casino where the resident gave the woman $200 and the man $100.
He told police he was drunk and "an idiot." They returned to his home and he gave the woman another $100 for a sexual encounter. After that, the other man pulled out a gun, forced the resident to open his safe and took the money.
The woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of armed robbery and prostitution.
The case continues to be investigated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Bus driver dies after medical episode
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Refinancing referendum passes in Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits