More than $7,000 in cash was taken during an armed robbery in Brown Deer after a meeting arranged on Craigslist went awry.
According to the Brown Deer police report, which was released last week:
The more than $7,000 cash was taken during an armed robbery in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court about 3 a.m. Aug. 1.
The victim had responded to an ad on Craigslist to meet a woman. He told police he just wanted someone to talk to.
She arrived with a man and the three went to Potawatomi Bingo Casino where the resident gave the woman $200 and the man $100.
He told police he was drunk and "an idiot." They returned to his home and he gave the woman another $100 for a sexual encounter. After that, the other man pulled out a gun, forced the resident to open his safe and took the money.
The woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of armed robbery and prostitution.
The case continues to be investigated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015