More than $7,000 in cash was taken during an armed robbery in Brown Deer after a meeting arranged on Craigslist went awry.
According to the Brown Deer police report, which was released last week:
The more than $7,000 cash was taken during an armed robbery in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court about 3 a.m. Aug. 1.
The victim had responded to an ad on Craigslist to meet a woman. He told police he just wanted someone to talk to.
She arrived with a man and the three went to Potawatomi Bingo Casino where the resident gave the woman $200 and the man $100.
He told police he was drunk and "an idiot." They returned to his home and he gave the woman another $100 for a sexual encounter. After that, the other man pulled out a gun, forced the resident to open his safe and took the money.
The woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of armed robbery and prostitution.
The case continues to be investigated.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (3)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)