Residents in the west building of Stratford Village Apartments, 8261 North Teutonia Ave. were evacuated last night after heavy rains flooded through garage. The underground parking garage remains completely underwater at this time.
Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said residents from about 20 units were involved in the evacuation.
Some flooding was reported in various areas of the village, both overland flooding and some sewer backups in basements, he said.
The storm exceeded the capacity of sanitary and storm sewers and village officials are in the process of assessing the damages. If you have damage, send your name, address, phone number and e-mail to email@example.com.
There will be Dumpsters located at the following places: North 61st Street at Tower Avenue; North 61st Street at Arch Avenue; North 61st Street at Fairlane Avenue; Betty Lane east of Range Avenue; North 56th Street South of Range Avenue; Fairy Chasm Lane by Fairy Chasm Court; 9100 block of 51st Street; 4900 Block West Joleno Lane; 5400 block of West Joleno Lane; 5300 block of West Silverleaf Lane; 5300 block of West Glenbrook Road; and 8700 block of North 52nd Street.
Residents are advised not to enter their basements until it is safe to do so.
At this point the village is aware of one power outage between North 60th Street (east side of street) and North 51st Street (west side of street) and West Fairy Chasm (south side of street) and West Joleno (north side of street).
The Brown Deer Swimming Pond is temporarily closed until further notice.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015