No reportable incidents.
1A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of 2.9 grams of marijuana after being stopped for an outstanding warrant in the 8800 block of North 55th Street at 6 p.m. May 25. He and the car smelled of marijuana but he, at first, denied using the drug but then asked the officer if he could speak to him "man to man" saying he had been stressed lately and used the drug to calm himself.
2A 14-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for battery after punching and knocking down a 15-year-old Brown Deer girl, who was arrested for disorderly conduct, near Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th Street, at noon May 26. The older girl said she was attacked for no reason. The younger girl said she was provoked.
3A 22-year-old Brown Deer man was cited for a vicious dog after it bit a neighbor's dog through a fence in the 8600 block of North 57th Street at 3:30 p.m. June 3. The injured dog had a puncture wound to its nose. He was also cited for not licensing his dog as was his roommate, 26, who also had an unlicensed dog. The man's father, who was dog sitting, was cited for dog at large.
4A 29-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test, driving while suspended, hit and run, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and warned for suspended registration after fleeing from police in the 6800 block of West Brown Deer Road about 11 p.m. June 4. The man sped away at more than 60 mph. The officer ended the pursuit, alerted other departments about the suspect and returned to the station. At 11:30 p.m. as the officer looked out a window, he saw what looked like the suspect's car slam into a parked squad car. He man sped away but was arrested in the 4300 block of West Dean Road just after midnight. He was taken for medical evaluation.
• Two domestic incidents were reported this week.
5Jewelry valued at more than $2,500 including two gold rings were taken from a house for sale in the 6700 block of North Lake Drive sometime after May 1 and reported May 28. Sixty to 70 brokers had walked through the house.
6A wallet and contents were taken while the owner ate at Cosi Inc., 8775 N. Port Washington Road, about 1 p.m. May 28. Before the theft was discovered, a credit card was used to purchase gasoline in the 1700 block of North Green Bay Avenue and more than $500 was withdrawn from ATMs. Another ATM withdrawal was attempted but denied.
7A 29-year-old Fox Point man was arrested for drunken driving with two prior convictions and driving after revocation when he drove in the wrong lane in the 500 block of East Calumet Road at 2:20 a.m. May 30. His blood-alcohol content was 0.272 and he was taken for a blood draw.
• Thefts from autos and a garage were reported in the 5700 block of North Ames Terrace and the 2500 block of West Margaretta Court on May 26, 27 or 28. Items valued at more than $1,500 were taken including a lawnmower, stereo and laptop.
8A 20-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft two days in a row at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, on May 27 and 28. On May 28, he was also arrested for possession of 0.6 grams of marijuana. On both days he took a watch valued at about $50. On May 28, he was with a 17-year-old Milwaukee girl who was also arrested for theft. The man said he was "just being stupid."
9A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of items valued at more than $300 in the 2400 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 12:45 a.m. May 29. An officer saw the man walking into the Crestwood subdivision not carrying anything. The next time the man was seen, he carried a yellow backpack, a shoulder bag and CDs. Items in the bags revealed they were from the 5600 block of North Dexter Avenue. The resident was called to the scene and said they were taken from her car.
10A 33-year-old River Hills man was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, driving after revocation and a warrant after a witness reported a driver who was "wasted" in the 6500 block of North Jean Nicolet Road at 3 a.m. May 31. His BAC was 0.17.
11A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman was injured in an industrial accident at Bentley World Packaging, 330 W. Olive Street, the morning of June 1. She was shot in the eye with a nail gun being used by a 30-year-old man. The woman, who said she had not been wearing safety glasses, was taken to a hospital.
12A 48-year-old Glendale man was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions in the 5700 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:20 p.m. June 1. The man also had prescription medicine, zolpidem, belonging to a man he identified as a disabled client of his.
13A 52-year-old Glendale woman was arrested twice for trespassing, once in the 1700 block of West Bradley Road at 1 p.m. May 17 and in the 9000 block of North Range Line Road at 7 a.m. June 3. In both incidents the woman said she was on her own property. She was taken for medical observation on both dates.
14A 24-year-old Brown Deer man was warned for trespassing at University School, 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road, at 7:25 p.m. June 1. He said he was there to see Bob Dole and was taken for medical observation.
• Cars were entered and items taken in the 4000 and 4100 blocks of North Prospect and 4400 block of North Maryland avenues and the 2000 block of East Wood Place on May 30 and 31. Global Positioning System units were taken from three cars valued at about $200 each. Most of the cars were in driveways and unlocked.
15A 24-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for a burned out light and not wearing a seat belt in the 2300 block of East Jarvis Street at 7 p.m. May 31. His BAC was 0.17.
16A large metal pipe and other construction metal were taken from the 2200 block of East Capitol Drive at 10 a.m. May 29. A witness reported seeing a man and woman putting the pipe into a car and driving away with the pipe sticking out a window.
17A 39-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for possession of marijuana after a field interview in a parking lot in the 1700 block of East Chateau Place at 1:30 a.m. June 1. There was no information on how much marijuana the man had.
18A lawnmower valued at $300 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 4800 block of North Newhall Street sometime the evening of June 3 to the morning of June 4.
19An in-dash radio/CD player and 20 CDs were taken from a locked car in the 4600 block of North Idlewild Avenue on June 3 or 4. The loss and damage was listed as $465.
20An in-dash radio/CD player and a bicycle with a total value of $1,000 were taken from an unlocked garage and an unlocked car in the 4800 block of East Oakland Avenue on June 3, 4 or 5.
21A 33-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for drunken driving in the 4800 block of North Ardmore Avenue at 1 a.m. June 5. His BAC was 0.31.
22A 32-year-old Whitefish Bay man was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for no tail lights in the 1000 block of East Henry Clay Street at 2:45 a.m. June 6. He refused to take a breath test.
• One domestic violence incident was reported this week.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 126 calls, 98 emergency medical and 28 fire/rescue, May 24 to May 30 and 115 calls, 86 emergency medical and 29 fire/rescue May 31 to June 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015