The Brown Deer School Board announced today the hiring of former business services consultant Emily Koczela as the district's business manager effective July 1.
Koczela has worked for the district for the past 14 months as a consultant while current business manager Edward Towle was on paid leave. The board accepted Towle's resignation April 12 after he accepted a position with Grayslake (Ill.) Elementary District 46.
Koczela has a master's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a law degree from Duke University, and a B.A. in English and Government from Smith College.
She served as a member of the Shorewood School Board from 1992-2005.
Koczela was given a two year contract with an annual salary of $98,000. She has waived health, dental and retirement benefits, resulting in a savings of approximately $40,000 over the former business manager's compensation package, according to a news release from the district.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer