The Brown Deer School Board announced today the hiring of former business services consultant Emily Koczela as the district's business manager effective July 1.
Koczela has worked for the district for the past 14 months as a consultant while current business manager Edward Towle was on paid leave. The board accepted Towle's resignation April 12 after he accepted a position with Grayslake (Ill.) Elementary District 46.
Koczela has a master's degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a law degree from Duke University, and a B.A. in English and Government from Smith College.
She served as a member of the Shorewood School Board from 1992-2005.
Koczela was given a two year contract with an annual salary of $98,000. She has waived health, dental and retirement benefits, resulting in a savings of approximately $40,000 over the former business manager's compensation package, according to a news release from the district.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"