A former girls' junior varsity soccer coach at Brown Deer High School was charged Friday with sexually assaulting a member of the team she coached, according to a criminal complaint.
Emily Louise Patterson, 26, who is a teacher at Mukwonago High School, was charged with one count of sexual assault of a student by school staff in connection with an incident that allegedly involved a 16-year-old student.
According to the complaint, Patterson and the girl became friends during the 2008-2009 girls soccer season and became physically involved in January of this year.
Patterson is charged with one incident that allegedly occurred when she spent the night at the girl's house.
According to the complaint, the incident involved Patterson and the girl groping and touching each other outside their clothing.
Patterson's contract with the Brown Deer School District ended with the 2008-2009 girls' soccer season. However she was still considered a volunteer coach because of her involvement with an open gym night for girls interested in playing soccer, according to the complaint.
Officials with both the Brown Deer and Mukwonago school districts have declined comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- Woman arrested after throwing pizza on a wall, pouring detergent on bed
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- Beer garden rejected at Parkview