Police are seeking charges of attempted strong armed robbery against a 31-year-old Brown Deer man who tried to rob another man outside of the Rite Hite YMCA this morning at 5:45 a.m.
Lt. Robert Halverson said a 53-year-old man who was going into the main entrance on the west side of the YMCA was approached by the man who asked to talk to him. The older man refused, and the younger man then tackled him, knocking him to the ground and attempting to get his wallet.
Another YMCA member who saw what was happening ran to assist the victim, and the suspect fled.
Halverson said officers routinely patrol that area in the early morning and were in the area. They located the suspect one block from the YMCA and arrested him.
The victim had a cut and bump on the side of his head, but did not need medical treatment.
The Milwaukee County district attorney will review the incident on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wal-Mart sale clears Brown Deer CDA
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Brown Deer Walmart store likely
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors
- Brown Deer officials want freeway feeling to go away
- Kass named Brown Deer's citizen of the year