A faulty pump has closed the Brown Deer Pond, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive, at least until Thursday.
Park and Recreation Director Chad Hoier said the pump delivers chlorine to the 1-acre pond. The pump is being repaired but the system must run at least 24 hours once it is fixed.
Hoier said the earliest date for reopening is Thursday. Check the village Web site www.browndeerwi.org for updates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- Woman arrested after throwing pizza on a wall, pouring detergent on bed
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- Beer garden rejected at Parkview
- In Brief: June 12