A faulty pump has closed the Brown Deer Pond, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive, at least until Thursday.
Park and Recreation Director Chad Hoier said the pump delivers chlorine to the 1-acre pond. The pump is being repaired but the system must run at least 24 hours once it is fixed.
Hoier said the earliest date for reopening is Thursday. Check the village Web site www.browndeerwi.org for updates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Bus driver dies after medical episode
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Refinancing referendum passes in Brown Deer
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits