A faulty pump has closed the Brown Deer Pond, 4800 W. Green Brook Drive, at least until Thursday.
Park and Recreation Director Chad Hoier said the pump delivers chlorine to the 1-acre pond. The pump is being repaired but the system must run at least 24 hours once it is fixed.
Hoier said the earliest date for reopening is Thursday. Check the village Web site www.browndeerwi.org for updates.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Brown Deer selects new police chief
- Brown Deer mother arrested in stabbing of 2 sons
- Green Bay Road meeting is July 30
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer