Brown Deer police say the attempted child abduction reported by a 10-year-old girl yesterday is a hoax.
The child, who was visiting a relative in the village, reported four men in a vehicle attempted to lure her into the truck near Brown Deer Middle School, 5757 W. Dean Road, telling her there was a puppy and a Wii game inside.
After looking at surveillance tape from the middle school, re-interviewing the victim and a witness in the case, Police Sgt. Jonathan Schmitz said today the incident did not occur. The child made up the story as she was playing with several other children. The girl and her cousin then reported it to a relative who called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)
- Brown Deer mom asks friends to bring food pantry donations to Thanksgiving dinner
- Brown Deer car crash kills driver, injures passenger