Brown Deer police say the attempted child abduction reported by a 10-year-old girl yesterday is a hoax.
The child, who was visiting a relative in the village, reported four men in a vehicle attempted to lure her into the truck near Brown Deer Middle School, 5757 W. Dean Road, telling her there was a puppy and a Wii game inside.
After looking at surveillance tape from the middle school, re-interviewing the victim and a witness in the case, Police Sgt. Jonathan Schmitz said today the incident did not occur. The child made up the story as she was playing with several other children. The girl and her cousin then reported it to a relative who called police.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)