Brown Deer police say the attempted child abduction reported by a 10-year-old girl yesterday is a hoax.
The child, who was visiting a relative in the village, reported four men in a vehicle attempted to lure her into the truck near Brown Deer Middle School, 5757 W. Dean Road, telling her there was a puppy and a Wii game inside.
After looking at surveillance tape from the middle school, re-interviewing the victim and a witness in the case, Police Sgt. Jonathan Schmitz said today the incident did not occur. The child made up the story as she was playing with several other children. The girl and her cousin then reported it to a relative who called police.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015