The Brown Deer School Board unanimously approved the resignation of Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson at a special meeting March 9. Jefferson has been on leave for several months.
The board has held several closed-session meetings to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. Jefferson was to have had a private conference with the board during a hearing in late January, but it was canceled. The agenda from the meeting stated it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
Jefferson could not be reached for comment.
- Dave Fidlin,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- River Lane Inn will become Pastiche
- Cats, guinea pig die in fire
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect
- Carjacking under investigation in Brown Deer
- Update: Brown Deer police identify shooting suspect
- Education foundation makes first appeal in Brown Deer
- Accused rapist ran a group home for boys; More victims urged to come forward
- With increasing enrollment, Brown Deer schools expect $900K increase in state aid
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old boy at gunpoint in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer will build new public works building (2)