The Brown Deer School Board unanimously approved the resignation of Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson at a special meeting March 9. Jefferson has been on leave for several months.
The board has held several closed-session meetings to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. Jefferson was to have had a private conference with the board during a hearing in late January, but it was canceled. The agenda from the meeting stated it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
Jefferson could not be reached for comment.
- Dave Fidlin,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- Update: 20-year-old woman released from hospital after car crash that killed 2 other women
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)