The Brown Deer School Board unanimously approved the resignation of Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson at a special meeting March 9. Jefferson has been on leave for several months.
The board has held several closed-session meetings to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. Jefferson was to have had a private conference with the board during a hearing in late January, but it was canceled. The agenda from the meeting stated it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
Jefferson could not be reached for comment.
- Dave Fidlin,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer will build new public works building (1)
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer (2)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart