Brown Deer High School sophomores might be permitted to skip a final exam at the end of the semester if they meet certain requirements.
The Committee on Instruction last night recommended approval to the School Board for a second-semester exam exemption policy for tenth-graders with the intent of motivating students to perform well academically and score well on the standardized Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination.
Under the proposal, a student would have to score proficient or advanced in the subject area of the final exam that is not being taken and maintain at least a B- average in the course.
The board will act on the proposal at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 23, at the Administrative Services Center, 8200 N. 60th St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015