Brown Deer High School sophomores might be permitted to skip a final exam at the end of the semester if they meet certain requirements.
The Committee on Instruction last night recommended approval to the School Board for a second-semester exam exemption policy for tenth-graders with the intent of motivating students to perform well academically and score well on the standardized Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination.
Under the proposal, a student would have to score proficient or advanced in the subject area of the final exam that is not being taken and maintain at least a B- average in the course.
The board will act on the proposal at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 23, at the Administrative Services Center, 8200 N. 60th St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014