A math and engineering teacher from Brown Deer High School has been named affiliate director for Project Lead the Way-Wisconsin.
Steven K. Salter will oversee Project Lead the Way's pre-engineering curriculum, which students at more than 160 middle schools and high schools around the state are using, according to an announcement from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Salter will be based at MSOE, the national affiliate university in Wisconsin for Project Lead the Way that trains all the teachers who use the curriculum.
Wisconsin has the third largest number of school districts that participate in Project Lead the Way in the country, the announcement said.
Thor Misko, Salter's predecessor, is now director of university initiatives for Project Lead the Way Inc. in New York.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer