A math and engineering teacher from Brown Deer High School has been named affiliate director for Project Lead the Way-Wisconsin.
Steven K. Salter will oversee Project Lead the Way's pre-engineering curriculum, which students at more than 160 middle schools and high schools around the state are using, according to an announcement from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Salter will be based at MSOE, the national affiliate university in Wisconsin for Project Lead the Way that trains all the teachers who use the curriculum.
Wisconsin has the third largest number of school districts that participate in Project Lead the Way in the country, the announcement said.
Thor Misko, Salter's predecessor, is now director of university initiatives for Project Lead the Way Inc. in New York.
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building