A math and engineering teacher from Brown Deer High School has been named affiliate director for Project Lead the Way-Wisconsin.
Steven K. Salter will oversee Project Lead the Way's pre-engineering curriculum, which students at more than 160 middle schools and high schools around the state are using, according to an announcement from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Salter will be based at MSOE, the national affiliate university in Wisconsin for Project Lead the Way that trains all the teachers who use the curriculum.
Wisconsin has the third largest number of school districts that participate in Project Lead the Way in the country, the announcement said.
Thor Misko, Salter's predecessor, is now director of university initiatives for Project Lead the Way Inc. in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer Village Board candidates gearing up for election
- Brown Deer board members face challenge
- Police Report: March 11
- Man arrested in connection with Fox 6 bomb threat
- News & Notes: March 5
- Police report: March 3
- Online exclusive: Brown Deer school budget shortfall creates challenges
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- Online exclusive: Brown Deer updating school visitors policy
- News & Notes: Feb. 25