A math and engineering teacher from Brown Deer High School has been named affiliate director for Project Lead the Way-Wisconsin.
Steven K. Salter will oversee Project Lead the Way's pre-engineering curriculum, which students at more than 160 middle schools and high schools around the state are using, according to an announcement from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Salter will be based at MSOE, the national affiliate university in Wisconsin for Project Lead the Way that trains all the teachers who use the curriculum.
Wisconsin has the third largest number of school districts that participate in Project Lead the Way in the country, the announcement said.
Thor Misko, Salter's predecessor, is now director of university initiatives for Project Lead the Way Inc. in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer