A math and engineering teacher from Brown Deer High School has been named affiliate director for Project Lead the Way-Wisconsin.
Steven K. Salter will oversee Project Lead the Way's pre-engineering curriculum, which students at more than 160 middle schools and high schools around the state are using, according to an announcement from Milwaukee School of Engineering.
Salter will be based at MSOE, the national affiliate university in Wisconsin for Project Lead the Way that trains all the teachers who use the curriculum.
Wisconsin has the third largest number of school districts that participate in Project Lead the Way in the country, the announcement said.
Thor Misko, Salter's predecessor, is now director of university initiatives for Project Lead the Way Inc. in New York.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"