The fate of longtime Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson will be decided by the School Board, although when is uncertain.
Jefferson, who could not be reached for comment, has not been at the school for several months.
"He's on leave at the moment," District Administrator Deb Kerr said. "That's all I can say at this time."
The board has been meeting in closed session to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. State statutes authorize boards to have meetings in closed session when deliberating about personnel matters. Any decisions, however, need to be made in open session.
A meeting scheduled Jan. 28, however, was canceled. According to the agenda, it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
The meeting has not been rescheduled.
- Dave Fidlin, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beaver Creek financing decision delayed
- Police Report: June 17
- Brown Deer community says goodbye to Dean Elementary
- The people in Brown Deer have spoken
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Brown Deer delays Plan Commission review of Beaver Creek proposal
- Plan Commission denies reinstatement of Parkview Pub beer garden
- First to reach mandated racial integration threshold, Brown Deer 'graduates' from Chapter 220 program
- Police Report: June 10