The fate of longtime Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson will be decided by the School Board, although when is uncertain.
Jefferson, who could not be reached for comment, has not been at the school for several months.
"He's on leave at the moment," District Administrator Deb Kerr said. "That's all I can say at this time."
The board has been meeting in closed session to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. State statutes authorize boards to have meetings in closed session when deliberating about personnel matters. Any decisions, however, need to be made in open session.
A meeting scheduled Jan. 28, however, was canceled. According to the agenda, it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
The meeting has not been rescheduled.
- Dave Fidlin, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: May 22
- Brown Deer Village Board approves Wal-Mart financials
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Wal-Mart sale clears Brown Deer CDA
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Brown Deer Walmart store likely
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal