The fate of longtime Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson will be decided by the School Board, although when is uncertain.
Jefferson, who could not be reached for comment, has not been at the school for several months.
"He's on leave at the moment," District Administrator Deb Kerr said. "That's all I can say at this time."
The board has been meeting in closed session to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. State statutes authorize boards to have meetings in closed session when deliberating about personnel matters. Any decisions, however, need to be made in open session.
A meeting scheduled Jan. 28, however, was canceled. According to the agenda, it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
The meeting has not been rescheduled.
- Dave Fidlin, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Goodwill opens new store in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board weighing sale of former Algonquin School property
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Aldi may come to Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility