The fate of longtime Brown Deer Middle School physical education teacher and coach Joe Jefferson will be decided by the School Board, although when is uncertain.
Jefferson, who could not be reached for comment, has not been at the school for several months.
"He's on leave at the moment," District Administrator Deb Kerr said. "That's all I can say at this time."
The board has been meeting in closed session to discuss Jefferson's future with the district. State statutes authorize boards to have meetings in closed session when deliberating about personnel matters. Any decisions, however, need to be made in open session.
A meeting scheduled Jan. 28, however, was canceled. According to the agenda, it was "regarding possible disciplinary action and possible nonrenewal of the teacher's contract."
The meeting has not been rescheduled.
- Dave Fidlin, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub