Brown Deer — A Milwaukee County Transit bus veered off the road on Friday, Aug. 22, after the 57-year-old bus driver experienced a medical episode.
The accident occurred at 8:11 p.m. near Green Bay Road and Teutonia Avenue in Brown Deer. The driver, Milwaukee resident Robert Dowden, experienced a medical issue, and at some point either during or after the crash, went unconscious. Dowden, who was not breathing and did not have a pulse, was unable to be revived by emergency personnel.
There were four passengers on the bus at the time of the crash, none of whom were injured. The bus, which was found up an embankment and tilted to one side, was towed from the scene by MCTS.
Brown Deer and River Hills police responded to the scene, along with two engines, one truck company, a paramedic unit, a basic life-support ambulance and a battallion chief from North Shore Fire and Rescue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- Brown Deer expands TIF in hopes of redevelopment
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- Brown Deer will see its 'Around the Corner' episode on Monday
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015